Wayne , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Wayne Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

I don’t like crowds

I agree with the others. It’s trashed and it is PACKED. The tent sites are a little too close together for my liking. Like on top of each other. I think your best bet would be to stay on the outer edge sites and not in the middle for sure. I’d also reserve online bc they are always full. I’ve heard of people being turned away that just show up to camp. It is EXPENSIVE also. You have to pay for your campsite and then also pay a fee per person. Tent camping is only $12.50 but then add on $16 per adult and $9 per child….. it’s ridiculous. There’s a lot of other places I would rather stay that are way less crowded and way cheaper. I’d suggest staying elsewhere and stopping in for the day if you want to go. ALSO you have to have a coast guard approved life jacket for everyone under the age of 12! So keep that in mind. Pets are not allowed at the falls either.

Way too packed and littered

I’ve tried to like sulphur but I don’t. It’s a beautiful area but extremely crowded and oh so noisy. The gorgeous pictures you see of the waterfalls aren’t like that. They are lined with people sitting on them. We had to hike downstream quite a ways to get away from every one. Will not be returning.

Very Impressed

Family and I stayed here for the weekend and were very pleased with the amenities and upkeep of the campgrounds. The concrete pad made for easy set up the trailer. The beaches were no different with easy access and well kept shores. One of the nicest campgrounds in the area. The only con would be the lack of cell service. For some, this may not be a big deal and for us it was nice to have a break from the world, but there were moments where some type of connection would have been nice. This is by far a family favorite and a place we look forward to going back to.

Way colder than I expected

I camped here in November and was not at all prepared for how cold it was at night. We arrived after dark and set up and went to sleep right away. The sites are pretty spread out but there were no restrooms, only porta pottys.

Like camping at a water park, without the slides

Completely primitive. There are showers and flushing toilets available, but for the most part you're accessing portables. The previous review regarding rules, or a lack thereof, is relatively accurate. It would be a fun place to spend a couple days if you were lucky enough to pick days the park isn't very crowded. It is quite a shame the level of preservation and care allotted to the environment. People couldn't be bothered to properly dispose of their waste, female hygiene products were in the water at the falls, soiled diapers stuffed into bushes, and waste was everywhere except in the bathrooms which were surprisingly clean. This place is definitely for the "party" camper.

DO NOT GO HERE!

Overall horrible, just horrible. To begin with, we were overcharged and had to deal with a rude employee. This place has no rules, guidelines, structure or organization. It's trashy, overcrowded and very unsafe! Did I mention how horrible this place is?!? I do NOT recommend this place at all! The only good reviews on here mention how beautiful the place is, which is true, but still not worth it with the staff and attitude they have and most importantly how UNSAFE it is. Spend your money elsewhere, anywhere but here.

Memorial Day weekend

Busy as can be lots of people. If you like to camp and be secluded this isn’t the park. There are a couple great spots but the go fast. We got here on Wednesday and most of the secluded spots were taken. I’m guessing for the anticipation of the holiday weekend. I ended up grabbing the same spot as last time the only thing different was we had the boys with us 🤗

I’m gonna be honest I like the feeling of people driving by and hearing the comments on my campsite set up. It’s very pleasing. But I do prefer seclusion with covid-19 going on.

Seen some deer after we got rained out and spent a whole day in the tent with the family.

Best campground on Thunderbird

This campground rocks. It is camping made easy. The views are the best I have seen around the lake and this park area is much cleaner than others. The fire ring is awesome as it is waist-level and has a grill. Definitely worth the 21 bucks. The best tent campsites are 17-20

Beautiful site

This was a back in site right on the water. We looked at some other areas where you were so far from the water you wouldn’t even know you were at a lake. The site was level and had a nice picnic table out near the water.