The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Verdigris , OKLAHOMA

Camping Oklahoma Verdigris Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Verdigris Camping Reviews
Decent

I didn't come here out of choice, but out of necessity to stay with my friends as we were going to float. Our campsite was tucked in behind the stage and very near the restrooms.

The restrooms were nice, but could have been laid out way better and more efficient. One toilet in the men's and as a tall guy…when the door touches you when you sit……well that isn't great. The showers were large and worked well.

There is a disc golf course on site, which I can only assume can be played when the campsite attendance is low.

I did see a few RVs, I am not sure on hookups, but they were right next to the bathroom.

I believe they do charge by car, so I paid for 1 person what a family of 4 pays. Not sure how I feel, but it is what it is.

All around happy camping

Stayed here for several days. Fun playground for the kids. Surrounded by water. Clean bathrooms. Season ends 10/26-no water but still has electricity. Host was helpful. Plenty of large wooded spots.

Nice Getaway!

This campground is only 20 minutes from our home and we go here as a short getaway. We’ve been 3 times over the summer because it’s so close. There are sites on top of ridge overlooking Oolagah Lake. Site 10 is an accessible site. When you back in you have a nice view of lake from front window and living area of RV.

Sites 12, 14 & 15 are on ridge with views of lake and 17 is at bottom of hill with view of lake.

Park has a play area, trail, soccer field, boat ramp and short walk to beach area. We stayed in site 3 which is a spacious site and short walk to beach.

Mid October Oolagah Lake is in the path of Pelicans migrating south. When you camp mid to end of October the lake with be covered with a white layer of pelicans.

If you have accessible All Access Pass from National Park service you get a discount. We usually get 1/2 off. There are water spickets but not at individual sites. There is a dump station. 30 amps.

Clean Corps of Engineers Campground

This was our first trip with our new trailer. We wanted somewhere near home in case we forgot something.

Twin points is a clean, well-maintained campground on Skiatook Lake. Most of our neighbors also seemed to be from nearby towns. The only downside for us was the bugs! So many mosquitos, flies, and bees. Of course, one of the things we forgot to bring was insect repellent.

You'll want to bring at least 50' of water hose(probably more), as the spigots mostly seemed to be quite a distance from the pads. Also, bring a water hose splitter. Many sites share a single faucet.

Nice Corps of Engineers campground

You'll want to bring at least 50' of water hose (probably more), as the spigots mostly seemed to be quite a distance from the pads. Also, bring a water hose splitter. Many sites share a single faucet.

Peaceful

We camped in a spot near the water. The lake was beautiful at sunset. The bathroom was clean, our spot had a covered picnic table, grill and fire ring. And hiking/equestrian trails can be accessed from the group camp or park entrance.

Last minute reservation

Managers were great! Helpful for first time campers. Great camping location for groups.

Great for fall!

This is a great set up especially later in the season when other places are closed. We camped along the river mid October and had plenty of privacy and campsites to choose from. The woman in the front shop was extremely kind and helpful, and I like that they have a separate late-night campground for partiers. Volleyball nets and basketball courts, plus balls you can rent make it a great kid-friendly social spot too.

There aren’t really any fire rings, just rock circles here and there, so you might want to bring a grill or grate for fire cooking.

Great rocky beach!

Great campsite! We enjoyed the view of the lake and plenty of space at our site! The park is nice and spread out and the sites are kept clean and well managed! Loved the rocky beach and how wooded all the sites were!

No firewood available to buy on site. They ran Out of toilet paper, but otherwise everything was great!

Depends on the Time of Year

I write this review as an observer.  I live in the area.  The park is gated (un-maned) and access is not restricted.  There is a outhouse with water.  They have made some improvements in the last few years but this area used to gather a lot of riff-raff.   The other camp located just a short distance away is gated (Maned) and the sites all have water and electric.  If your on a budge this place is great.  If you want to feel a bit more secure, I recommend the other camp!  I would not recommend this as a family vacation site.