South Coffeyville , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent South Coffeyville Camping Reviews
Good camping sites and hiking trails

I grew up in Oologah and spent many many nights camping here. The camping sites are good and close to restrooms, there is a nice sandy beach for swimming, a long rocky shoreline that is fun to explore and hunt shells, you can go fishing, boating, kayaking, visit goat island, the hiking trails are nice although I have been a couple of times and had a TON of ticks but not very often. There a lot to do!

Nice Quiet Campground

We were in site #31 with is right across from the fishing dock and close to a potable water source. The Campground is very shaded and the spot was large and easy to back in to with our 33' TT. The fishing dock was very spacious and secure for us and the grandkids we love everything about the park, except. The site did not have a dedicated water hook up. We had to buy a 75' hose to put water in our fresh tank. Not a huge deal. #2 complaint is that the site was slanted so much that we could not get level front to back. We moved a couple of times and tried all combination of stacking lumber under the tongue jack but still had to sleep with our heads at the foot end of our bed. Still not a huge deal. We'd go back and if #31 is the only site available we'll take it.

Wonderful little park!

My wife and I had stayed here a couple of years ago, but we didn't get a lot of time to explore the place back then. We got in late and weather forced us out early, as we were not properly prepared. (Were still new to camping at the time)

Recently our friends suggested this park as a close and easy place to camp as a group and I couldn't have been more pleased! The site that we had was more than enough room for 4 adults, 3 kids and a dog. We had 2 cars, two tents, a canopy and the dog on a tie out leash and still had plenty of room for the kids to play and run without interfering with other campsites. The swim beach was well kept and easily accessible with free life jacket loaners. The bathrooms were pretty spotless even though they are primitive style toilets only. The grounds were well kept, clean and spacious. They offer fishing docks, boat launches, plenty of bank to fish from as well as small playground equipment in a few places for the kids. Definitely one of our "close to home, quick overnight" favorites and we will be back very soon!

Lifetime Camper

I love the this campsite! Been going here since I was young! Easy access to everything, close to town, and literally the easiest site at this campsite to give directions to! The couple that runs this is literally the sweetest! ❤️ They've been running it since i was little and they stay ON SITE, so if you have an emergency.. they are there. Love it! 100% recommend 😊

Great Family Off-Road Park!

My son ended up breaking our side by side the first day we got there and The owner Russ Hogan went out of his way to try to find someone to help fix it. His off road park is perfect for those of all levels and then it leads out to the State Park where there’s tons more to ride! He is a veteran with a heart of gold but doesn’t like any funny business. I will definitely be back with our family!

Convenient but that’s about it

This is not our favorite place. It’s close to a busy road and you can hear the vehicles all night. Wildlife is also been a problem here as far as raccoons and skunks go.

Peaceful, beautiful, WET!

I visited this campground in October of 2018. The campground itself is beautiful, but recently part of it had been submerged in water which was problematic for us tent campers. Sunset Point is beautiful, but I'd recommend it only in the summer and on weekends when there is no chance of rain. We were soaked all weekend. I'd definitely return because the park has nice trails, great views, and a serene lake setting, but I'd make sure I'm in a different campground than Sunset Point.

Large

This place was beautiful in spring

Great Backpacking trail

A group of friends and I hiked the little over 14 mile trail over 2 and a half days it was awesome!