Savanna , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Savanna Camping Reviews
Beautiful area, facilities could use some updating

There are several campgrounds to choose from. We chose the Deep Fork campground because it offered several spots along the Fourche Maline River. Great fall views and perfect autumn weather. There was only one other overnight guest, although there were a few fisherman during the day.

We didn't use the restroom facilities, but they looked like they had seen better days. Fire rings and grills were okay. Concrete picnic tables.

Lots of hiking options throughout the state park. We saw some incredible views on the Robbers Cave trail. It was poorly marked, but even if you wander off the trail you will be okay. If you go too far you hit a dirt road the loops around the back of the trail and you'll know to circle back to the trail area.

The main camping area near Whispering Pines had a park office and a small grocery store. Not a huge selection, but you will find the essentials.

Cell service was spotty throughout. One spot you wouldn't have service and 30 feet further you'd have decent LTE (Verizon).

I would definitely visit again. The lake appeared to have some summer activities available, including a pool. But the autumn views and weather will be my choice time to visit.

Beautiful setting

Whispering Pines Campground is where we stayed within the state park. It was a beautiful and peaceful setting within the trees. The roads were paved so easy to push wheelchair around. Nice trails but not wheelchair friendly. There is a nice lodge that people can rent rooms and a nice meeting place overlooking the valley. We camped in the summer but fall camping would be beautiful with all the changing colors.

There are actives going on around the area you. An participate in so kids would love it.

https://www.travelok.com for reservations

Loved it

We learned about this campground through the owners activities with Veterans. We stayed for 7 days and we were able to have totally relaxed days as well as very active days. Right next to the river for kayaking, canoeing or just relaxing. Off-road vehicle trails a petting zoo on site. Check the web site for activities, there may be live music or a large gathering scheduled which may or may not be your thing. The only reason I rated it 4 stars is that it’s a work in progress. New cabins were being added and more trails were being cut while we were there.

Gorgeous fall camping trip to Brooken

We stayed here for only one night but will definitely be back. Nice campsites with room between sites. Most sites have lake views and there is alit of access to the lake

Gorgeous on lake

Quiet spacious, clean bathrooms with toilet paper and showers. Had a spot on the lake. Perfect.

Great Escape

I love this small park. It offers a lot of amenities, but overall it’s about the cave trails and lots of hiking opportunities. We went in the early fall so too cool to enjoy the small lakes but our campsite had great views of one of the lakes.

Beautiful place to get away

I love Robbers Cave. It’s one of my most favorite places to camp. There are over 40 miles of hiking trails and the views are incredible! I prefer to camp away from people and toilets don’t matter, I tent camp around Lake Wayne Wallace or Eagles Nest. Watch the trails bc you could end up on the horse trails and be very sad lol.

A hassle-free camping trip all around!

Usually when my friend and I go tent camping we have some hiccup in our plans—rain, damp firewood, lack of wood and ice to be purchased on site, trouble getting good maps, freezing to death at night, etc, but this trip really went without a hitch! They have a good website through which you can pick your campsite. We ended up with a pretty one by the creek that was more secluded than the others. It didn’t have a bathroom, but it was easy enough to drive over to the next site.

What is fun about Robber’s Cave is the variety of things to do. On our first day we went directly to the Cave area and enjoyed climbing on the rocks! Many views were pretty and the cave was not too puny either. The next day we explored more trails—one that was good and challenging—and then rented a kayak for the lake. It was only $5 for an hour! They’ve got mini golf, horse shoes, and a show cone stand to boot. The little camp headquarters also had plentiful ice and dry firewood to buy.

I guess if I have any criticism it would be that the bathroom was a bit dingy, but, heck, it had toilet paper! They also could have had better maps of some of the trails—we got just a little lost on one of the offshoot trails near the cave—but that’s what made it an adventure, really.

Love it here

A little bit of everything for everyone. We prefer the more primitive sites. lake Ray Wallace and Eagles Nest campgrounds within the park are awesome. The caves themselves are great to hike to from I believe 7 different trails. We've gone 3 times already this year. They have an equestrian RV area, plus others dotted throughout the park, a swimming pool (which boggles my mind considering there is great lake swimming), playgrounds, mostly family environment.

Gorgeous views!

We camped 8/28/2020 - 9/3/2020 in Space 62 right on the water, 30 amp, shared water, open shot to satellites. Sewer dump and trash bins nearby. Nice boat ramp and sandy but rocky beaches. The gate entrance was unmanned and we never saw a park ranger or had anyone confirm we had paid. We arrived shortly after Hurricane Laura, so her aftermath caused rain and lightning storms but we certainly cannot fault the park for that.