Piedmont , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Piedmont Camping Reviews
Quiet, quiet!!

6 miles South of I-40 and just at the edge of Hinton, OK is a small canyon with red and ochre colored walls. Stayed here on a week day so just a few campers here. Well spaced parking pads, 30 amp, water, cooking grill, large fire ring and picnic table for $30. Shower and restroom building adequately clean, but could use a new coat of white paint. Staff were very helpful on phone and in person. It appears to be a well run place. Worth the 6 mile drive from i-40 and a respite from wall to wall sites at some RV parks.

Oasis!

We were shocked by how beautiful this campsite was. It is a hidden valley oasis with grassy campsites and nestled in between trees and surrounded by red rock walls! Campsite owner was super nice and helpful. 15 bucks for a tent site and you get to pick it first come first serve. Super close/easy access to the I-40!

Hiking, Fishing, Fun

This is literally the first place we’ve ever been in our pop up so we don’t have anything to compare it to. We were happy with our experience at Red Rock Canyon. We loved the setting with the red canyon walls. Our two kids enjoyed the fishing in the pond (just blue gill but the fishing was fun). We did a little hiking and didn’t even scratch the surface of all the hiking available, lots of rappelling going on and it appeared the local fire department was even out practicing. In the evening they were setting up a large projector screen by the camp shop and looked to be doing a move night possibly. RV sites had a little space to them and included a fire pit, picnic table, and charcoal grill. Electric and water worked just fine. Only part that was less than great was the bathrooms, but they worked just fine.

Really nice KOA

We stay at this KOA several times a year. Very good place to stay.

Very Peaceful & Not Crowded

Campground C area offers many pull through RV sites and some back-in RV sites, all with electric & water hook ups. There is also equestrian RV sites with pens, tent camping with shared water spigots, primitive tent camping and a dump station. There are miles of equestrian trails. Hiked down one and the trail was very peaceful and beautiful. It had recently rained a lot, so I had a thick layer of red mud on my shoes from the hike, but glad I hiked it. There are bathrooms with showers, a swim beach, a volleyball court, pavilions, a boat ramp, and plenty of wildlife. Lake is calm & shallow, so it is best for small boats and kayaks. There were plenty of flies due to the time of year and the presence of horses, so a good fly swatter and a fly trap is recommended. Found a small cemetery on the drive to the campsite with some very old grave sites. In all, it was a great place to escape from the real world and relax.

Really great sites! Terrible system

They have just about anything you would want. Sites on the water, large shaded sites, pull thrus. Nice playground. Two issues. 1. It’s really hard to get a spot. First come first serve. Not who put things in the site first, but who actually puts money in the box first. This leads to a lot of arguments that I witness almost every time we’re at Arcadia. 2. Community water. Sometimes you need 2 or even 3 hoses to reach the water. Campsite wise,this is some of the best camping anywhere near OKC. Also a ton of deer. See them everyday.

Clean and tranquil as well

This side offers many of the same amenities as the east side. Camgrounds are very clean, quiet, and offer privacy. Close to hiking/mtb trails and the west side has showers.

Clean and tranquil

This campground has one of the simplest, user friendly, online reservation site I've ever used. For me, thats a definite plus. The tent sites are massive, equipped with a table, fire ring, grill, and parking. Four sites are near the swim area (9-12), site 9 and 10 are nearest to the toilets - which are clean, sites 1-8 are tucked back in the woods a little. There are RV hookup sites on the inside of the campground loop. Amenities include a playground, hiking/mtb trails, swim area, fishing dock, and a bait shop. Day use fee is 6$, overnight tent fee is 10$. This area is subject to burn bans and showers are located at the west campground.

Fun time but lost a lot of golf balls!

We enjoyed a fun weekend at Roman Nose State Park. There’s a lot of history there with many activities available. We had a fun round of golf on a difficult course.

Great for the hot days

We visited Roman Nose in July of 2020 (my latest of several trips there since my youth). My boys loved it and enjoyed the hiking, fishing, and swimming. Our morning hike concluded around lunch and the shade-covered natural springs were a great way to beat the afternoon heat.

Lots of other activities available include putt putt, paddle boats, swimming pool, golf course, and the great restaurant Foggy Bottom Kitchen.