The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Mustang , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Mustang Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

Easy In and Out

This place has it all! Even buffalo! Indoor pool. Nice showers, laundry room, clean bathrooms. Coffee and muffins free in the morning! They have church services on Sunday as well.

Nice

Nice place to relax by a fire. Campsites are spaced out well enough and has some right by the water. Close to some trails. Camp hosts are very welcoming and haven't had any issues with other campers.

Very Peaceful & Not Crowded

Campground C area offers many pull through RV sites and some back-in RV sites, all with electric & water hook ups. There is also equestrian RV sites with pens, tent camping with shared water spigots, primitive tent camping and a dump station. There are miles of equestrian trails. Hiked down one and the trail was very peaceful and beautiful. It had recently rained a lot, so I had a thick layer of red mud on my shoes from the hike, but glad I hiked it. There are bathrooms with showers, a swim beach, a volleyball court, pavilions, a boat ramp, and plenty of wildlife. Lake is calm & shallow, so it is best for small boats and kayaks. There were plenty of flies due to the time of year and the presence of horses, so a good fly swatter and a fly trap is recommended. Found a small cemetery on the drive to the campsite with some very old grave sites. In all, it was a great place to escape from the real world and relax.

Really great sites! Terrible system

They have just about anything you would want. Sites on the water, large shaded sites, pull thrus. Nice playground. Two issues. 1. It’s really hard to get a spot. First come first serve. Not who put things in the site first, but who actually puts money in the box first. This leads to a lot of arguments that I witness almost every time we’re at Arcadia. 2. Community water. Sometimes you need 2 or even 3 hoses to reach the water. Campsite wise,this is some of the best camping anywhere near OKC. Also a ton of deer. See them everyday.

There’s a lot of great sites!

Definitely some of the best camping in the OKC metro! However, getting a site can be difficult. First come, first serve and check out isn’t until 5. Lake has a couple of nice swim beaches also.

So beautiful in the Fall

We visited in October when the leaves were changing and it was so beautiful. The lake is great. Bring your fishing gear. Site spacing is good. Typical amenities for a state park. You must make your reservations in advance online. We highly recommend this park

Good for newbies, popular for all

There are three main campground parks around the lake. Spring Creek and Scissortail Parks are off 15th. Central Park is off the 2nd Street entrance.

Spring Creek and Scissortail were both full, so we ended up at the Spring Creek Park.

In Spring Creek, there is primitive camping in Bobcat Campground and King Snake Campground. We stayed in the Cottonwood Campground which had a mix of camping types.

We stayed in an RTT, so all of the spots were easy access for us, but I saw some big rigs and setups with boats, so it looked like it was easy to park for most anyone.

The spaces were ample sized and most all of them had enough trees surrounding them to offer decent privacy. They all had had fire pits, grills and picnic tables. They all looked pretty level.

Restrooms and showers were passable, but not much better than that.

The campground was pretty full, but pretty quiet. No problems with noise.

Lots of trash cans around, but they were all full or overflowing. Most of the campsites had some lingering trash around. Definitely could have been cleaner.

My son had a ball and this place isn't far from home, so we will probably checkout the other campgrounds on 15th the next time we are there.

In addition to easy setup and getting around, the other thing that makes this great for new campers is that the city of Edmond is just a few miles away for a full list of stores and restaurants. Or head east on 2nd (66) and go to Pop's in Arcadia for a burger and a selection of over 500 sodas.

And finally, lots of Oklahoma hospitality in case you do have problems or need a hand.

Perfect little place

My family and I desperately wanted to go last minute camping. My husband and I being from Wellston, we had been to bell cow but we had never camped there. With 5 adults and 1 infant we camped at area A. My husband did not catch anything when fishing, but he had fun. The lake is filled with red clay. My mom and I harvested some and made little figures and baked them in the sun. We had so much fun. I do have one complaint, our campsite had trash there when we got there. No big deal we cleaned it, but because of the food on the ground from the previous campers, our camp site was filled with flys. I will always have flys while camping but I had never seen something like this. For anyone planning to camp, make sure u bring slip on shoes. U can go barefoot, we did. But the sand which is great at first… left our feet raw.

Nice hidden gem

Had friends come to town with an RV and we decided to do a last minute camp out.

After finding out all of the RV and tent camping areas around OKC were at capacity we gave Bell Cow Lake a shot and we were not disappointed. We stayed in Camp Area B, Friday night there were a handful of RV spots still available and we were the only tent campers. Saturday a few more tent campers arrived but there was still open sites between us.

Our friends in the RV stayed in RV site 1 and we stayed directly across from them in tent site 3. There was some small trash, cigarette butts and such around the site, cans in the fire ring adjacent to us (site 2) but over all it was a nice spot with ample room to put tents.

The tent area is on the water with water access through the grass along the shoreline. Swimming was great with a sand bottom once you got past the grass along the shoreline. There were tons of fish hitting the surface in the evening but I was unable to catch any. Each tent site had a table but it either had a fire ring or a grille (alternating) it would have been preferable if each site had both.

The bathrooms weren't the cleanest but were what I would probably expect for a camp ground owned by a smaller city.

Bell Cow lake may become one of our go to places as it is still within an easy drive from OKC and half the price of the next closest lake to camp at (Lake Arcadia).

Tent camping is $10 a night, RV is $20.

One of the only things we did not like was with the campsite being 2 miles from I-44 you could hear the highway traffic all night and there was not fire wood available to gather or purchase (perhaps in town) so though it is generally frowned upon to bring your own you won't have a fire otherwise.