The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Konawa , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Konawa Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

Nice

Nice place to relax by a fire. Campsites are spaced out well enough and has some right by the water. Close to some trails. Camp hosts are very welcoming and haven't had any issues with other campers.

So beautiful in the Fall

We visited in October when the leaves were changing and it was so beautiful. The lake is great. Bring your fishing gear. Site spacing is good. Typical amenities for a state park. You must make your reservations in advance online. We highly recommend this park

Honey Creek or Honey Crook

July 4th wknd 2020: $25 per car plus $14/ person is we were charged! Their website says $14/person on one line and $20/car on another.  We figured it was day camping and overnight camping different prices. We had to rake away all the brush from our campsite, the shower was basically a box in the woods with a garden hose, no trash cans, July 3rd, 4 of the 8 porta potties were open, July 5th 7 of the 8. They were never once cleaned.  People were gagging from the smell. Check out time for 2 day camping was 9am! This was primitive camping at it's worst. Next door was $5/nt. Just no fireworks shooting to my knowledge. For $47 less per nt. I'd forego the fireworks. Also, their is no set quiet time. Noisey all night.  No wonder they didn't collect their money before we set up.

Best campground on Thunderbird

This campground rocks. It is camping made easy. The views are the best I have seen around the lake and this park area is much cleaner than others. The fire ring is awesome as it is waist-level and has a grill. Definitely worth the 21 bucks. The best tent campsites are 17-20

Beautiful site

This was a back in site right on the water. We looked at some other areas where you were so far from the water you wouldn’t even know you were at a lake. The site was level and had a nice picnic table out near the water.

Nice small lake

Nice lake it is a smaller lake but still has some nice RV hookups as well as primitive camping it has toilets and showers they are so so, everything else though is really nice there is a big pavilion and a couple of smaller ones. It is a boating friendly lake jet skis a well. It has a decent little playground and a swimming area, course you can swim around your campsite as well.

It's pretty nice for a state park in OK

If you have a 30 amp rv/camper you can get a spot at one of the 3 decent Thunderbird parks most of the time same day no reservation. If you have a 50 amp better go parkit on Thursday so you have a weekend spot. On the lake and that's what we want. Lots of yahoos in the summer it's a party spot.

This is the nicer campground of all thunderbird

I liked this one the best if all the Dirtybird campgrounds. best position on the lake. Less of a party crowd over here.

Beautiful views of the lake from almost every site

There is a designated swimming area in the campgrounds.  Beautiful, wooded park with large lake that has a section for watersports and fishing.  I wish we had stayed here for more than one night. Definitely a place to return for a visit.  It is a little remote, but there was cell phone reception. Perfect for biking/scooters/walking/swimming.

I will try to stay on the outer rim the next time we go, so that we can enjoy meals by the water.