The best DRIVE IN camping near
Konawa , OKLAHOMA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Konawa Camping Reviews
Worked for the night in a pinch

Was passing through the area and needed a place to land since I couldn’t find any BLM out this way. I paid $16 for a tent site at Hog campground, which had a fire ring and picnic table. Pulled in at night so it took me a while to find it but all tables note the campsite which helped. Bathrooms were meh, but worked. Didn’t use the showers but they aren’t free. They are quarter showers. Clean site and felt safe. Had 2 bars of LTE AT&T service.

Decent for the area

Ranger was very serious about his job but super nice and you can tell he really cares for the space. Bathrooms were a little beat up but shower was hot and with good water pressure. No problems accessing in 32’ motorhome towing a car. Market at end of road with nice little town nearby if you need to get provisions.

Great place

Had a great time here with my son. Place was a bit flooded and off season, but we had a blast adventuring on the trails and in the water. Great time!

Nice Lake, but the Lake Ranger needs to ease up a bit!!

The lake was beautiful. The Lake Ranger not so much. From the beginning it seemed like he wanted us to know that he was in charge. He was quick to go over the rules with us.  Made sure to tell us to collect our dogs excrements, but we did not need to collect her urine.  🤦‍♀️ If you have kayaks and plan on staying several days I would not recommend this lake.  The boat ramp fee is $5 a day for each kayak.  We never used the boat ramp but still had to pay $45 (3 kayaks for 3 days).  Our fault for not checking beforehand. The Lake Ranger asked how we would like to pay. He offered credit card so we said yes. Apparently, it didn’t work and never tried to see what was wrong with it.  So thankfully we had enough cash. One day my son had just started fishing off the dock.  The Lake Ranger comes zooming up gets out of his truck walks past my husband and marches straight to my son. I call my sons name (we camped right next to the boat ramp) so that he knows this man is walking towards him. Again ignoring me he tells my son that fishing off the dock is not allowed.  There is not one sign that says no fishing off the dock.  But, if that is the rule that is ok. My son got up and came back to our campsite.  The thing is, he ignored two parents,  just so he could confront and exude his authority over an 11 year old.  That is not ok. I did enjoy my time there and like I said it was a pretty lake.  Although, bathrooms needed to cleaned. It’s a shame we wont be going back.

Annual Trip

We come here every February for a guys' trip. We camp and fish. Scotty's is a great place to stop in and get local fishing advice as well as a tasty breakfast/lunch. Campsites are far enough apart to feel secluded.

Beautiful place in Southern OK

Beautiful river in the hills of Southern Oklahoma.This is a public fishing and hunting area and not a state park , therefore it is much more primitive.  For the most part campers are responsible for cleaning up after themselves, many of whom refuse to do so. There were a lot of toilet paper piles and dirty diapers in the woods surrounding the campsites. The area was also packed full of people with Texas tags.  The area gets more pristine the further you get from the campsites and parking areas. There is a catch and release trophy section at the upper reaches of the river. Be sure to have the proper outdoors license for your activity as the area is heavily patrolled and enforced. Be aware of the barbless hook areas. The river mostly consists of clear water flowing over a series of rock ledges with long clear pools in between. It is not ideal for floating as you will have to portage every quarter mile or so. The facilities consist of a few pit toilets that are not regularly cleaned. Outside of the camping and parking areas there is no vehicle access.

Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

Perfect little find!

Okemah City Lake Campground was a nice find for our road trip back home. Price was great we ended up staying an extra day. Only complaint was there was a lot of exposed barb wire and rebarb randomly but would stay here again if in the area. (Home for us is WNC) camp host was super nice. We stayed at a primitive site (only 4 in campground) meaning no water on site and no power. We hammock camped and had several tree options. Park does have a shower house in center and a separate bathroom building near boat ramp, swimming area.

Good for a stopover not much more

Little city park with a lake. A good place for a nightly stopover but not much more. It is fairly run down and RV sites are very unlevel. All the other amenities are also run down. The lake is nice. Half the sites seem to be taken by permanent locals or transients. Park was quiet but it was mid week. There were regular train noises all night though.

Great place

Went camping this last weekend and we all had a great time. Love having the woods right behind us. Nice camp spots with full hookups and good water pressure. We will be back soon!