The best WALK IN camping near
Copeland , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Copeland Camping Reviews
Peaceful

We camped in a spot near the water. The lake was beautiful at sunset. The bathroom was clean, our spot had a covered picnic table, grill and fire ring. And hiking/equestrian trails can be accessed from the group camp or park entrance.

Great for fall!

This is a great set up especially later in the season when other places are closed. We camped along the river mid October and had plenty of privacy and campsites to choose from. The woman in the front shop was extremely kind and helpful, and I like that they have a separate late-night campground for partiers. Volleyball nets and basketball courts, plus balls you can rent make it a great kid-friendly social spot too.

There aren’t really any fire rings, just rock circles here and there, so you might want to bring a grill or grate for fire cooking.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Not really my cup of tea

All in all, it was a rather nice resort. Bathrooms were reasonably clean, as well as the campgrounds. They have security that patrols, but it can be quite annoying if you are near the road. There are a lot of sites, which means a lot of people, which isn't necessarily an issue for everyone. We rented a raft to float the river, and the whole process was rather convenient and easy, but you have to rent through the resort (cost more than some others in the area). While it wasn't really what I look for in a camping experience, it was a reasonably decent experience. The biggest reason for the lower rating is because we were double charged for 1 campsite because we had 2 cars (total of 4 people). Overall not worth the price in my opinion, definitely not worth double.

There’s a lot to do here

Grew up in the area and spent a lot of time here. You can rent all kinds of water crafts even kayaks. There’s a island in the middle called goat island that is fun to check out. It’s a great little lake for fishing, boating, kayaking, hiking and swimming. The Rv sites are close together but the whole area is wooded which makes for some great shade. There are also cabins you can rent and some rental packages available that I screenshot for anyone that wants to go! I love kayaking around here.

Too crowded for me

The hiking is awesome but the camping not so much. I like to be away from people and these campsites are very close together with no privacy. I prefer to make a day trip when I visit here instead of camp. We drive down early and go to the Wildlife Sanctuary and drive thru in Gentry Arkansas (20 min from Natural Falls) then we go hike the falls. You can’t swim there at all so when we leave the falls we stop down the road at Flint creek and go for a swim. The water is crystal clear and amazing. I’m posting pics of it bc it isn’t even on the map to add a review. You can also camp there but I have not. You have to pay to rent a tube or use the slides but if you walk down beside the fence to the right it’s free 😉

The casino is fun!

The Rv sites are close together and the tent camping spots have no privacy or shade. Check the event calendar bc it’s fun to stay for one of their events. They do all kinds of stuff! The casino is smaller but a lot of fun with a big dance floor if you like dancing. There’s no places to hike, swim or do any fun family activities unless there’s races or a event going on. You’d literally just be staying to go to the casino unless you were driving thru, it’s a good place to stay but not for a vacation.

Quiet and good location

Stayed here for about 9 days and really liked its location to the water. Nice large area to walk around with the dogs which was a treat. Great SUP’ing :-)

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

3 Times so far

First time here we stayed in a Yurt. Our group had 3 of the 5 Yurts and they were very well appreciated as the rain swamped some of the tents in our group.

2nd and 3rd trips here we stayed in our TT. Site #21 was awesome with electric, water and sewer hook ups as well as a lot of space all around our site. Site #18 was very cramped and only had electric and water hook ups. Our neighbor's water and electric hookup was literally closer than our picnic table. We walked around and found other sites with more space for next time.

The area is beautiful. Lots of trails, wildlife and a year round waterfall that is fed by a pump from a pond downstream. There is opportunity to fish in the pond. The waterfall is magnificent and can be viewed from an overlook that is easily accessible. The hike to the bottom and back out is moderately strenuous but there are places to take a break as needed.