Equestrian
About Buck Creek State Park
Buck Creek State Park is located in Ohio
8 Reviews of Buck Creek State Park
Great

Level concrete pads with plenty of room between spaces. Some in the open & some with trees. Very peaceful.

Great camping

Our scouts stopped here on our return trip home. This was a very nice campground with good facilities.

Great no matter what site

Sites are large. Pads for RVs are large. Every site is close to the reservoir, with tons of hidden beaches. Deer are everywhere. Watch out for raccoons. If you are tenting, bungee your coolers. Leave other food in your car. The raccoons have chewed through peoples’ tents to get their food.

Lots of things to do!

We camped here in our camper in early July 2017. There are a lot of things to do in the area. We visited the Ohio Caverns. The tour is worth the money, the "gem" mining was fun for our younger kids. There are two swimming beaches, the public one and one in the campground. The campground one is smaller a short hike to get to it. Both are ok, but nothing impressive. The campground is clean and overall a good value. It was a busy weekend but not as loud as I figured it would be. Yellow Springs is a great, funky town. Many great places to eat. Dark Star Used Bookstore is a must see every time we visit.

Backcountry Camping

I was looking for a backcountry camping site that would give me some privacy and make it feel as though I was deep in the woods. Buckcreek had great hammock camping spots and was just what we were looking for, especially considering we scoured several other campgrounds and most of them didn't have trees at the spots, let alone 3 to set up 3 hammocks. The staff was very friendly and we're looking forward to going back in a couple weeks!

Easy to get around - great for young kids!

A nice "weekender" type of campground. The sites are clean and level for the most part. I recommend taking one on the outside of the loop - near the trees.

The reservoir provides ample opportunity for swimming, fishing and there is great space to fly a kite if that's in your book or tricks.

Nothing out of the ordinary, but if you are looking for an introduction to camping, this would be a great place to start.

Clean and quiet (in tent area)

Over a late-August weekend, we found the non-electric loop to be pretty quiet and uncrowded. The grounds are level and grassy, with trees that provide partial shade. Restrooms are clean enough, and there are showers with nice warm water. The reservoir seems like the big draw for this park.

Good place to spend the night

This was another brief stop on my long journey back west. The state park is beautiful and the sites are pretty nice. I did not spend enough time here to give a thorough review, but what I will say is that this site is nice if you need a campsite for a couple nights while passing through Ohio. Seems there are a lot of good options for water fun at this site!