Turpin Hills, OHIO
Camping Ohio Turpin Hills
Most Recent Turpin Hills Camping Reviews
Amazing place

As always a great experience!! Friendly staff, beautiful grounds, overall excellent

Great, small campground and family friendly

This campground is on top of a hill close to the Ohio river. Nice paved sites (not level, but most are not anyway). Water hookup is far away, but we don’t usually hook it up to our pop up. Large sites, and ours has a nice large maple that gave us shade (38). Nice little pool. Bath house was ok, mostly clean. One shower was shut down, so only two working in men’s. Putt Putt was nice, but old and cost 3.50 for adult, 2.50 for kids. Little much honesty. Museum, Bison, two other playgrounds and Ball courts can be found down the hill. Some nice hiking trails as well. Do you self a favor and check our Rabbit Hash general store while in the area. Would come back again.

Night Vision

I decided to drive by on a roadtrip to see if I could spend the night before continuing on in the morning. The dates were not populating on the reservation website and no one answered the phone, so I just drove in around 10. There were plenty of people still out and about and the bath house was lit up. I drove around one time trying to scope out an empty tent site where I wouldn't disturb anyone. I looked at both tenting areas and either would have been pleasant. The campground was pretty full with only a few spots left. There was a large church group. Nice flat ground with lush grass. I chose a spot at the end of the lot past the RV Loop and I could see a ton of stars and let the sounds of the night lull me to sleep. Very quiet and it was still that way when I packed up before 6 the next morning. The office didn't open until 9 , so I left some cash in the door. I didn't explore anything other than the bath house and the general layout. Seemed to be very well maintained, clean, quiet, and certainly convenient just minutes off the interstate. I wasn't sure I was going the right way at first as you go through a patch of rough neighborhood before arriving at the property.

Sunset ☀️💓🐥

Beautiful sunset over the water with some new friends ☀️🐥

Nice Park

Spent the Week at BBL. Very nice park with nice hiking trails, hosts where wonderful and no Bugs! They must do an awesome job of spraying because we had no bugs for one week. Downside is absolutely no cell service for me or my wife. Took advantage of the cell free life! Great place!

This was the first time I’ve stayed in a campground that was split with Thousand Trails. The sites for KOA had mature trees and were of decent size. We reserved a back-in full hook up site and stayed for two days. Our site was level but not all sites were level as I watched my neighbor pull in. The campground had a very nice pool which was very clean and they have a private swimming beach which was also very clean and well maintained. The Thousand trails property was easily 6-7 times larger than the KOA portion of the park. All amenities are shared and it appears that at least one bathroom was being updated. The others look to need some repair and are dated but clean. Campground was very quiet at night with no rowdy or loud campers during our stay. I would stay again.

Nice,clean campgrounds.

Very nice campground and park. Well set up. Easy to get around.Clean restrooms and showers.  Nice lake to kayak on. Beautiful covered bridge. Town is not far away if you need groceries.

Big Grassy Sites, Little Shade

We stayed at site #51 this weekend. The site was was large and grassy, just not a lot of shade. There is nothing to separate the sites so your neighbors can see and hear everything. They have flush toilets and showers, but the bathhouses are not very big. The non-handicap stall was very, very small. Lots of places to get water if needed. The campground has a ton of hiking trails within itself and mountain bike trails too. We did buy wood at the camp store and it was horrible. I would recommend bringing your own. The fire rings were good and the camper pads were pretty level. Dogs are welcome in most sites and they do have full hookup as well. We did have a raccoon up in the tree next to us but it didn’t bother us.

Little cramped but ideal.

Facilities and staff were amazing for us. Sites are certainly cramped together so best choose wisely if you don’t want to be invited to dinner by your neighbors. Location is nice with kayaking, hiking, fishing, biking and relaxing all very close by. The beach was very popular with the camp ground crowd. We had a great time and would be happy to come back.

Great weekend

Great place to come. The beach area was nice. Camp sites were clean and well kept. Bathrooms were clean it hot .. will be back ❤️

Family friendly

Pros: nice playground, pool area, long spots for easy pull through. Cute town Cons: sites are fairly close to each other.

Great time

Incredibly nice family who maintain a nice campground. Have attached some of the events there and just had a blast.

Hilly, beautiful and secluded

My family stayed here because we were visiting the Ark Encounter.  I’m not sure if there are closer campgrounds, but we chose to primitive camp here for our visit.  We arrived with just enough time to set up up our tent and head back towards Alexandria for dinner and supplies at Walmart.  There is not much variety and choices very close.  The RV and tent area is very hilly.  Our tent ground sloped but it didn’t bother us very much.  The campsites are very close to each other but there was only two other tent campers and they were both over 4 sites over from us. The tent area has portable toilets.  I chose to drive to the shower house when I needed to use the restroom.  The shower house is typical of most campgrounds, a few cobwebs but generally clean with shower and toilet stalls.  There are two shower houses for the entire campground.  The lake is very pretty, a few camp grounds are right off the shore.  The only thing I didn’t like was that there was no water spigot in the main tent camp area.

Cozy cabin cured my camping craving!

The adorable cabin fulfilled my tiny home dreams and camping craving! The cozy cabin had a queen bed, twin bunks and a sofa that made out to a full size sleeper. Kitchen included a fridge, sink and single cup coffee maker. Coffee k cups were provided in a few different varieties as well as sugar and creamer packs. Bathroom had tub/shower, clothesline to dry swim suits or hand-washed clothes, toilet, sand sink vanity. Bedding and towels were provided and were crisp, clean white. WiFi was a bonus and although it wasn’t the fastest it was very useful when looking up nearby activities. Our cabin had a grill, an outdoor table with four chairs, a swing and a fire pit which we enjoyed our last night there. Staff was friendly and helpful. There were laundry facilities within the park and lots of activities but we didn’t take advantage of any of that during our brief stay. Overall, we were very pleased and would gladly stay again!

Love it!

I’ve been camping at stonelick for all of my life, it’s been a tradition to camp there with my family for 25 years. it’s very kid friendly, dog friendly, and there’s always friendly people around. the hiking trails are beautiful, and kayaking on the lake is also very pretty.

Close to home

Not a big fan of the park. Good 🐟

Great time

Always a good time

First time RV’ing!

We just purchased an RV and was so excited to take a trip with it!! Being a first time RV owner we didn’t want to travel too far from home just in case something would go wrong. I got spoiled by going to Hueston Woods for our first outing! VERY clean, there was a playground for the kids, bathroom and shower facilities were available, and lets not forget the easy access to fresh water and dumping stations! Plenty of sightseeing and activities for ALL ages!! We will be going back!

We love Versailles

Great park, we stayed in Loop C sites 194 & 195. Both offer some privacy which is great. The playgrounds are minimal and could use an upgrade, but the pool is wonderful and the park overall is great

East Fork State Park

Beautiful campground. We stayed at Site 83 in loop C . It is a phenomenal electric site. Huge campsite with lots of privacy and plenty of space to put your tent up , probably 100 feet between the car and the picnic table . Sites around us we barely visible from our campsite. The only problem was it rained the whole week we were there and our site and tent got flooded . On Monday night we had severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado warnings so we hunkered down in our car until severe part of the storm passed . Our tent had standing water and our blankets were soaked so we had to wash our clothes at the laundromat up the road . We brought all our fishing gear but all the docks were closed all week do to flash flooding. Jungle Jim’s is a nice store that has everything you could ever imagine, you can drink beer while shopping, and they have all kinds of international foods. Wednesday we went to a Cincinnati Reds game , which they won! Then the flash flooding and storms came back and our tent flooded again. Thursday we played putt putt golf , although the course could use a little repair. And we were actually able to have a nice fire and enjoy the rest of our trip. Bathrooms were nice , had hot water in the showers , flush toilets . Camp store had some camping necessities and souvenirs. Had a trail near the store that we didn’t get to explore because it was under water . Couldn’t get down to the beach or docks due to flooding. Overall a beautiful and huge campground with lots of good sites. We just had terrible weather. If it wouldn’t have rained so much we could have been a lot more .

Love this place

Great campground… excellent fishing

Don't care for it

Sites are to close… unlevel

Nice sites

Nice campground but not alot of trees

Nice Campground

Our family camped here for the first time and really enjoyed the park. Our site was nice and private, and it was very quiet there. We stayed in campground area 3, which was small with mature trees… very nice. The bathrooms were clean, and everything seemed well taken care of. We rented a boat and went out on Cowan Lake which we enjoyed very much. The kids had a blast fishing and they did a little swimming too. The lily pad part of the lake was neat to see, but the trail we tried to hike near there was a dead end and a bit of a bummer. Otherwise, we had a fun time and would visit again.

Great State Park campground

Reasonable price lots of space. Showered and bathrooms were clean

Our home for the next 2 years

Two campgrounds, the lower is next to the Ohio River. Nice big sites, well maintained. Upper campground has the pool a small lake and the camp store. Both sites have full hook up and bath houses.

Germantown MetroPark/TVT

My first real backpacking experience, shared with my boys. Ostensibly a “city” park, Germantown MetroPark provides visitors with well-kept trails over rolling hills through old forests, leading down to lush river valleys of the Twin Creek watershed system. The creek runoff is managed by the Germantown Dam, and the park is upstream, so the heavy rains we’d been having had left the valley and banks very sloppy and muddy, but that was not the fault of the park. If there is one complaint, it would be that there is a dearth of potable water stations, so all water needs to be packed in from trailheads with water, the Welcome Center, or pumped from non-potable sources, filtered and/or treated. The Oak Ridge backcountry campsite is situated about 1/2 mile in from the Welcome Center, in among a few trees dotted in a wildflower prairie. There’s a pond here, with little water movement, so it’s not the best source for potability. There a three separate sites, and a common cook area, and a privy. Site C is grass-covered, clear of roots, rocks, and stumps, and easily handled 2 tents with four campers. The Twin Valley Trail is actually a collection of trails in the Germantown and Twin Creek Metropark, interconnected by a rugged, heavily wooded trail with switchbacks managing the climbs and descents over the limestone bluffs and cuts overlooking the downstream portion of the Twin Creek. The Seibenthaler Nature Center is atop one of the wooded outcrops, with an associated parking lot down a staircase from the Center. The Cedar Ridge Backcountry Campsite is 1.6 miles of switchbacks and ups and downs of the TVT, from the Pink Trail in the GMP to the north, and 0.6 of a mile from the OH-725 highway bridge across the Twin Creek to the south. The sites are situated 0.1 miles in from the main trail, climbing up a little wooded ridge. The campsite, again, has three separate sites, a common area, and a privy. Site C is nestled in the trees, with a tent pad a tad smaller than the aforementioned Oak Ridge site. It also has little to no grass, a few roots and rocks in the soil, so the setup of camp is a little limited, but manageable. The common cook area has a little “counter” to set up a stove or what-not, and two parallel logs to sit facing each other while eating. Here, the closest water source is the Creek, at the bridge crossing, which also makes a good place to slip off the boots, slap on the water shoes, and wade in to cool off the tootsies a bit (when the creek isn’t in flood stage, of course!). Overall, for a 3-day/2-night backcountry experience not too far away from civilization, this is a great park! I estimate a total hike distance covered of about 13 miles across the different trail systems.

Nice

Level concrete pads, full hookups, laundry, nice showers. Walk or take shuttle to the casino. Have stayed there twice, both times the grass needed to be mowed. Over all nice clean pleasant experience.

Can not recommend

The staff tried to be helpful but the facilities were lacking in many areas. 1) the website promoted horses for riding but none. 2) The website promoted a nice pool but it was empty. 3) the fire wood you pay for was still wet and would not burn. 4) the hiking trails they promoted were basically overgrown. It was ok for sleeping but otherwise nothing to do on the site. No camp store Only one bathroom for the whole site I would not recommend this campground.