Camping in Kossuth

12 Reviews of 3 Kossuth, Ohio Campgrounds

S
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Nice quiet place

Tried it for the first time. It was quiet and relaxing. The camp host was nice and friendly. Kids loved having the playground so close to the camper. Will be back soon.

Dan S.
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Great place to unwind

We love Poor Farmers Campground. The staff is friendly and helpful and the sites are well maintained.

Ashley R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

Good place

This place has a lot of seasonal campers and the ones we interacted with were nice. Some parts are more congested than others but not a horrible place to stay.

M
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2020

Decent campground

Our plans were changed so we lost our reservation. However they let us stay for free at the back of the campground. No power or anything. But it was nice of them to help us out.

Matt Y.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2020

Simple and clean

It’s not going to win any excitement prizes but if good time away with peace quit and wonderful natural views then this spot will work perfectly

M
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2018

Fun place nice scenery

Aawesome camping spot sites aren't ideal but nice scenery

J
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2018

Great for Tents, RVs and Horses

I love this place. Its a smaller campground with only two loops of sites, but its flat, shaded, and comfortable. No showers, but clean and sturdy pit toilets with centralized well water..

Nicole G.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2018

Quiet campground

We stayed during the week for one night. Campground was clean and quiet, had electric hookups at most sites. Host was very friendly. They also have a camp area for horses. Only criticism is you have to drive to another area of the park for an RV dump.

A
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2018

Fair campground

Campground is small but well maintained. Hiking is great. Probably better for people with horses. Electric did not work at all sites. Pit toilets did not seem sufficient for all camp sites.

Angie B.
Reviewed May. 19, 2018

Quiet

Since Van Buren State park is an easy 20 minutes away from home for me, i visit there often. it is clean and quiet, they dont get too busy and loud. the horse camp is nice with some new pens to keep your horse instead of them having to be tied up. They keep the restrooms clean, but no flush…

k
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2016

Van Buren

I came cross country skiing here in early January and it was absolutely amazing. It is cold but the terrain is simple for first time skiers.

Lindsay B.
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2015

A gem in Northwest Ohio

Van Buren State Park is very easy to access from I-75. It has tons of trails and a pond. There are a few places to car camp or RV camp nearby. I love getting out of town and visiting Van Buren State Park, and I have lots of good memories. It gets 4 stars because I now live in Montana and Montana…