The best BOAT IN camping near
Boneta , OHIO

Most Recent Boneta Camping Reviews
Great Campground

My family has camped here the last two years and I’ve already made reservations for another trip this summer. The amenities are great with nice, clean showers and large sites. We’ve tent camped on the south side of the campground which seems to have more large and secluded sites. Having walked around it seems that the north side has more open condensed sites, but from what I can tell, generally all areas are pretty good (down side to the south side is being on the open lake and hearing loud boats all day).

For some it might be a pretty standard state park campground but for us it’s quickly becoming an annual family escape.

Everything you need for a great experience

Atwood lake os a true gem . Has everything you need. The H campground loops are full hookups, some right on the water. Electric, and primitive sites too. Pets welcome on a leash, a beach and hikng also. Docks available  50' from out waterfront lot. We could leave our camper, take the boat over to the beach and drop off the grandkids and me the Nana for swimming at the beach dock. Good fishing,  clean clean clean. Staff at rhe marina are very helpful. There is a snack shop and a full restaurant at the marina with great food, an ice cream dariette just down the road.  I highly recommend trying it, you wont regret it!

Just okay Mo

We went in July. It was incredibly crowded. Many sites were set up as buddy sites so we had to share our outside space with our neighbors. It was tight and awkward.

There is zero internet and no signal which is fine for camping but made finding the weather or maps very challenging.

The roads are narrow and there are a lot of people. We did not kayak the river bc there were just too many people on the river, the water was low due to lack of rain this summer, and when we could see the grotesque adult behavior from the road, we knew we weren't interested in joining that mess.

The site was clean, it is full hookup, and they drive you to your site, which was nice. There is a fire bowl and picnic table for each site and dogs are allowed. Our pull through site was plenty level and accommodated our 33' camper and truck. There is a trail off the campground which is nice. The Mohican State park is full of great trails.

The campground is easy to find and everyone was very nice and the other campers are mostly respectful. There were a few cars and motorcycles that kept "cruising" around which felt strange but was likely harmless.

Photo was during checkout this the empty look. The two rigs in the photo are facing one another which is what I mentioned above.

Nice, but busy!

West Branch is one of the best-known family campgrounds in NE Ohio. And it's not hard to understand why. Full amenities, clean facilities, and a nice lake round out the picture of a great place to get some family R&R.

Here's what you can expect:

1. It's Busy.

Like, really busy. Be sure to book early as spots fill up often. Sites are fairly close to each other, but most people seem respectful of space and limits.

2. It's Accessible.

West Branch is a quick drive from Akron, Canton, Cleveland, and Youngstown - hence the draw. if you live anywhere close, there's no reason NOT to check this place out!

3. It's Fun (but a bit loud)

If you're looking for quiet, West Branch might not be the place for you. Since the lake has not real HP limits, you'll hear boats motoring quite a bit throughout the day.

4. It's got everything :)

Seriously. There's nothing else you could want. Hiking trails, swimming, a fully stocked office for the essentials you forgot.

Quick tip: Bring swimsuits. There are plenty of places to swim in the well-kept beaches or off a boat. West Branch is a great family getaway for summer swimming!

Camping on the Hills

The park is very nice. Great Lodge. Nice lakes and cabins to rent. The camp grounds for RV's is not the best. Very few full hookups. Rest of the sites only have 15-20 amp service. The lots are not even close the level. You will need a lot of blocks to get close to level. Saw one RV with auto levelers with his tire about foot off the ground. If they leveled the lots and added water and at least 30 amp electric it would help a lot.

Favorite Park in Ohio

We love this park! Lots of hiking! Even saw a bald eagle this trip.

Another Thanksgiving spent in our camper and it was so nice and relaxing. There were more campers than a expected this weekend. I guess everyone likes to social distance in there campers too.

Camping in the off season is our favorite time of year. This particular park has potable water on by the dump station and the dump station is open. The water at the full hook up sites are turned off.

No cell service with Verizon at this park.

Way overpriced

Crazy expensive(like $540 FOR 4 NIGHTS) but we figured we'de try it. It was horrible. Had to purchase wifi. Bunch of drunks and kids speeding by on golf carts all hours of the night. Took kids to swim at lake to find out they open the swimming area to the public. There were 2 commercial busses of teenage hoodrats that were beeing super aggressive, trampling young kids, and wouldn't listen to the lifeguards. There was absolutely no control and it was nothing short of chaos. No fish in the fishing pond. This place was way overpriced, nickle and dimed you to death, and was just unmanaged chaos. I don't recommend, especially if you have young kids.

Not for me

This is an amazing place. I felt like I had arrived at a cult gathering. Lots of kids on bikes and families having fun. Sounded like live music after dark accompanied by whooping and hollering and people having fun. I hiked with my dogs before leaving and got lost for awhile. The place is big. Did not go into shower or any Other facility. This is a certain kind of place but not for me. Sites on top of each other.

Hiking, Trail Running & Riding ✅

Great small park with a hiking trail that takes about an hour or hour and a half, it has a waterfall, small tiny cave, bridges and stairs. Really well maintained paths, tiny gravel for less mud. Doggy friendly! There is also a 3 mile (ish) bridle trail loop for horses with a couple out and backs. This is the best place to go trail running. There’s also a short overlook path that starts at the nature center.

Perfect weekend getaway

I highly recommend this campground. We were here for the first time last year and loved it so much we came back this year. The park itself and the bathrooms were very clean. We book a lakefront site and it is just gorgeous! We have our own private little beach which our dog loves. Which is another plus, we have a Rottie mix and they allow her in. The only reason why I didn’t give it 5 stars is because both times we have been here, the lady at the check in drive up window seemed very confused to where it came off as a little rude. We didn’t know our site number so I gave her my name, and from there it was a fiasco. The check in process took longer than needed. But that won’t stop us from returning. Other than that, it was a perfect weekend getaway! We will be back!

Year 2021 Flag