The best BOAT IN camping near
Barnesville , OHIO

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Barnesville Camping Reviews
Wonderful Park

This park is very well groomed and most of the trails within the park had been cleared of vegetation so there was no fighting through the weeds. There are a number of good hikes within the park. We were there Columbus weekend and it was hopping but everyone quieted by 10.

Gorgeous

Beautiful setting. Campground has many permanent sites. Clean and spacious.

Fabulous, Numerous Activities!!

Salt Fork State Park is Amazing!! There is 'something for Everyone' here; from the lodge, golfing, boating, fishing, hiking, camping, trail rides, hunting, pontoon boat rides, boat and kayak rentals, primitive camping, camping with your horses, a beach, and numerous other options!! If your BRAVE enough, You can explore 3 different known areas where Bigfoot has been sighted, on numerous occasions, thru the years!!

Fabulous, Numerous Activities!!

Park is Great, Campsites Suck!

Stayed here in the “primitive” camp. You are basically staying with your neighbors in small cleared areas where you can see everything everyone else is doing and if you have one of the sites nearer to the parking areas, you will have people walking through your campsite all day and night from the ones in the rear. From what I saw, the electric sites in the main campground aren’t much better. I mean this is a midwestern state park camping experience for sure. If you’re expecting any amount of privacy, think again.

The lake is pretty beautiful. The trails are well marked and the horse trails go on for miles and miles so if you have horses this is a great place to trail ride and if you’re a hiker who is not afraid of horses, you can always enjoy the equestrian trails for some serious mileage!

Nice and enjoyable !

Great camp ground! Lake and scenery was beautiful! Very clean and friendly help! Very kid oriented!

Pretty, Free, but a dirty lake

I went for an overnight camping getaway. The campsite was fairly clean, had to pickup a few wrappers. I was excited to get a spot overlooking the water, with a table and fire pit. Not a really good spot for a tent, but I was able to find a soft spot off to the side. From up on the hill looking down on the lake, it looked quite clear. I was excited to grab my canoe and jump in.

I carried my boat to the waters edge. As I was going to put my canoe into the water, I noticed some really nasty stuff in the water. It looked like human poop. I was kinda stunned, and then I noticed a lot of flies all around that particular area. So given that I decided I was not going to be canoeing or fishing.

I get it, it’s free. But I just wish people would NOT empty their RVs into the lake. Kinda ruined a good thing. Aside from that, the area was very pretty.

Beautiful campground, quiet, not to crowded…..

Comfy camping!

Nice simple, small campground sites are for everyone, RV to tent, older bathhouses but clean. Swimming pool and lake for fishing and boating!

Everything you can want in a state park

Friendly staff bailed us out when I found that I booked the wrong site. Boat rental is pricy, but there’s lots to see, especially if you have a Big Foot fan in the group.

Other campers were friendly, but there’s also enough space if you want to be alone. The bathrooms were clean and well-maintained. No complaints at all—we’ll definitely be back.