Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Mt. Gilead / Mid-Ohio KOA is located in Ohio
2 Reviews of Mt. Gilead / Mid-Ohio KOA
Family fun

Nice spot to take children

Great Potential

We just spent a weekend at this campground because it was the only one with any spaces in July on short notice.  That should have told us something.  It is new.  In fact, it should probably not even be open yet.  We took 3 children with us expecting there to be some kind of activities for them.  There was absolutely nothing for them.  The pool was not open yet.  This campground is built on a former golf course and they have 2 putting greens listed in their map.  They were not even close to being ready.  The restaurant was open, but that, along with the camp store were the only open facilities.

On the plus side, the people they have gotten to run the campground are amazing.  I was impressed with every one I interacted with.  They even called me after I left to let me know I had left my wheel chocks and they would hold them for me until I could get that way again.  The other big plus were the restrooms/showers.  The kids called them "Spa restrooms".  They were roomy, attractive, welcoming and overall some of the best restrooms I've ever seen in a campground.  It's also worth mentioning that all the sites have full hook ups!

Overall, if I visit again, it won't be for at least a year.  But, in time it may be worth another visit.