Standard (Tent/RV)
About Steamboat Bend (Great Parks of Hamilton County)
RVs and Trailers
30 amp Hookups
No 50 amp Hookups
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 65 ft.
Steamboat Bend (Great Parks of Hamilton County) is located in Ohio
2 Reviews of Steamboat Bend (Great Parks of Hamilton County)
Closed

I called and This Campground was closed a Few Years ago. A Shame sense it’s in a Great Location

RV only and long term folks maybe closed

At this time, it looks like this site is closed.  You can always talk with the park at 513-521-7275 and the Rangers can be reached at 513-521-3980. I would give it two stars.  The other campgrounds are way better and you can easily access various activities or trails. https://www.greatparks.org/recreation/camping

I explored this campground to scout it out as a possible campsite.  It is under the Great Parks of Hamilton County.  This is where you need a park pass for the day or the year.  Hamilton County Residents can buy a pass for $10 for the year or $5 for the day. If you are a nonresident then it is $16 annual fee or $8.00.  You can pick this up at the near by park at the gate.

The closest park to this camp site is the Woodland Mound.  It isn't connected so you will have to get in the car to go over there. https://www.greatparks.org/parks/woodland-mound.  They do have 21 parks and nature preserves. I spent the year exploring all of them so it is a great value.

The view from the campsites is a great look at the river.  The area is known to flood at times, so be on the look out. Look closely at the map and you can see the boat launch that I explored.

Hamilton Parks really has ignored Steamboat Bend. It does have 30 amp but it isn't reliable at some sites. No sewer.  When I was there they had latrines.  It would honestly be a better tent campsite. In the past they would rent it out by the week or month which turned me away as well as I saw a price of $410 for a month.  Not a simple weekend trip or weekday trip. I hope they open it up at a reduced rate for local weekend camping trips in a tent.

You can consume alcohol at your campsites that you have booked.  Just don't wander around.

If I were to pay the fees to camp at Hamilton County Parks I would go to their other sites such as Miami White Water Forest, Winton Woods, or Lake Isabella. The newest camping  spots are at Lake Isabella.  You can get a fishing ticket there for $2.50.  You can also rent kayaks and other gear at Lake Isabella or other parks. Camping at Isabella is $26.50 a night on the weekends and weekdays it is $23.50.

They do have a discount for veterans/military on Sunday through Thursday. I think it is only for Miami White Water Forest. So double check me on that as I am not a veteran/military but thought it was important to note.

I cannot hear but I would say that it is next to a major highway.  Not sure how much a hearing person would be able to hear the highway. Just something to be aware of if you are a light sleeper.