About Dayton KOA
KoA
Dayton KOA is located in Ohio
8 Reviews of Dayton KOA
Filthy cabin

Cabin 701- We just returned home after a weekend of camping at Dayton KOA. Overall the programming and common facilities were nice. However once arriving we were very unhappy with the cleanliness of the cabin. The cabin smelled of rotten food as soon as we opened the door. There was rotten food in the fridge and in the sink. There was food, like popcorn which is very visible, on the table and window ledges. Nothing has been wiped down and there was dog hair all over the floors. I spent an hour cleaning the cabin with my limited supplies before I would even let my daughter in. In addition the plates and cups were filthy as well. This was our vacation so its disappointing to spend so much time cleaning just to get to enjoy ourselves. Its very apparent the cabin had not really been cleaned all year based off the amount of dirt stuck along the base boards and on the cabinets. I fully acknowledge that we were staying in a cabin and by no means except it to be spotless however for$240 a night I do except that the the rotten food be removed from fridge and sink and the surfaces be wiped down and the floor swept. Someone had came into the cabin since the last guest and changed linens so that was at least good. In addition the thermostates batteries were corroded and needed to be replaced which a maintenance person did bring us so we do appreciate that. In addition the door did not stay shut and after working on it I was able to resolve that issue. Growing up we always stayed at KOAs because they are known for their cleanliness. This is my first time at the Dayton KOA and I am disappointed in the cleanliness. I hope this email will help the management of this KOA step up their game and take care of their facilities.**Update- I received a blanket statement from corporate saying I'd have to work out my concerns with local KOA, Local KOA was contacted first and have never heard back from them.

Great Place To Stay

This is a beautiful campground with plenty to do. Close to the interstate for getting to Dayton quickly. Many of the extras cost a few bucks extra, but a great spot to stay. Premium spots are decked out well.

Stupid expensive but nice

We just stopped in for the night. We paid $77 for a pull through with full hookups and a picnic table. The grounds are sprawling and the staff is friendly.

Lots of activities

Great KOA! had lots of activities, great pizza, really nice showers and it’s beautiful. there’s a large pool and a creek. Don’t rent the bikes, they were terrible plus there’s too many hills. Easy to dump black water.

Beautiful setting, lots of trees and a steam that runs through it.

We stayed in a small cabin with a swing on the porch but there are many lodging choices. A stream ran behind the cabin. It has a pool and lots of kids activities. Gravel roads aren’t great for small kids learning to ride bikes but ok for older kids and adults.

Typical KOA

This KOA was your typical KOA with all the fun stuff for the kids to do. Had clean bathrooms, etc. The only catch was that it was a swamp! We literally could not get off of the very small gravel pad our pop up was on or you would be standing in water. We could not get our of our car without stepping in the water which made it challenging with the kids. So we could not actually use our site other then to be inside the the camper. The mosquitoes where horrible as one would guess. It was not just our one spot either, it was all 30amp no water spots. The whole section was like that.

The highway noise was super loud all night along too. No one was able to sleep the one night we stayed. We will not be going back here.

Dayton KOA

clean. lots of activities. spaces are a little close

Simple clean small

Not much going on usually quiet