The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Makoti , NORTH DAKOTA

Camping North Dakota Makoti Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Makoti Camping Reviews
Enjoyed our stay

Great flat campground with full hookups. The restrooms and paid showers were clean and new . On site laundry was a plus . Management was super nice . Let us have a late checkout and even brought a few pieces of firewood for free the day before . Conveniently located just minutes from Minot but still quiet .

Ok for passing through

We stayed here 1 evening and afternoon. It was quite there was alot of work being done when we stayed.

Great tent camping

We stayed here on a spur of the moment idea while visiting my dad. We had a great time two nights. We had no cell service but we were from out of state so theres that.

Campground /RV Park

Out of the two major RV Parks in the area I would consider this to be the best. All the normal amenities except a pool. The front section feels like a true campground with the exception of the sites are a little close and the rear corner is set up like a gravel rv parking lot and priced accordingly. For long term expect to pay rent plus electricity along with a $100 deposit. Also a $100 difference between the front sites with trees and a gravel parking lot in the back. The staff is very friendly and will help out with any problem neighbors. I think the only negative I have is they are a little pricey, but then again the whole area seemed pricey when it comes to campgrounds.

Good for a pass though or if you are going to the lake

$15-$20 a night depending on if you need electric. Looks like most of the campground is full of “long timers”. We just camped on a pass though and it was great. General store, boat access, fish cleaning stations, dump pits, and water.

Small and cute, clean bathrooms

We stayed 3 nights in early September, Fri-Sun. I was a bit surprised at how few people were there - 2 or 3 long campers and we were the only tent campers. It was nice for privacy but felt a little eerie at times. That being said it was nicely maintained and I have to mention the bathrooms are replenished and cleaned daily and fully stocked with CHARMIN ULTRA toilet paper which is an absolute luxury at a simple campground lol. The showers are also pretty nice and the facility is heated. So appreciated. It has a little pavilion, a playground, “beach”, a couple cute bridges, a big grassy field for stargazing or throwing the ball around, a disc golf course, and of course you’re right on the river which is cool. Swimming is allowed at your own risk. I’m giving it five stars mostly for how well kept the bathrooms were, but it did feel a little desolate at times. I get it’s the end of camping season though and it was a little cold at night so that’s probably why. There are a few stray cats and dogs wandering about at times. We are good sleepers and this didn’t bother us much but there are heavily trafficked train tracks a couple hundred yards away from the campground so if you are a light sleeper or are bothered by trains this might not be the place for you. Umm all in all it’s a cute and peaceful little park that made a nice home for a few nights. It’s patrolled by police throughout the day too. We’d probably stay there again if we ever happen to go to Minot. Oh! There’s a decent North Dakota style winery (sweet fruit wines) a couple miles down the road with a lovely view and even some hikes. Worth a visit - Pointe of View. Ok, done now I promise.

Great for the family

This is a great little camping area with lots of places to camp. Unfortunately none have water hookups but most have electric. The beach is awesome for the little kids because it’s very shallow very for quite a ways out. They have a great little bait shop that has all of the essentials for camping, fishing, and typical gas station type items. Staff and community is very friendly and there are a couple fun playgrounds for the kids.

Beautiful place to camp

There are many accommodations for all types of camping/RVing. Great place to boat and had a couple fun playgrounds for the kids. Staff is super friendly the only downfall is that it is not reservable. You have to drive out there with your camper or RV and be in front of the office to get for your spot. First come first serve. There are a lot of spots though so it’s not to bad, just don’t expect to go out there on a Friday night and get a place.

RV campsite no tents

This area is beautiful and a nice place if you have an RV or a boat to launch. I didn't stay here but I gave it three stars because the app says I have to give it a rating. It has some sort of clubhouse/store, showers, and bathrooms. Popular campsite as most spots were full when I pulled in. I would come back here.

So much family fun!

This site is BEAUTIFUL! Surround all the way around by Lake Sakakawea it makes a great spot for boating, fishing, and also has a sand beach spot for a day of play in the water. They have spots for group camping that you can have 2-3 rv’s on or private single camp spots. There is a fun llaygyfor the kids and and amazing hiking trail around the entire state park. While your there check out Fort Stevenson and read the history of the area. We will definitely be visiting this spot again and again.