The best BOAT IN camping near
Buchanan , NORTH DAKOTA

Most Recent Buchanan Camping Reviews
Beautiful site

This is a remote site along the North Country Trail. It's well maintained, has personalized benches around a custom fire pit. There's a pit toilet hiding in the woods next to it.

Excellent Campground

Well maintained COE campground with a great little swimming beach for kids and a modern playground. Easy access, clean bathrooms, men’s and woman’s have 2 showers each and a family bathroom with one shower. The sites are pretty level clean somewhat close to one another but with the underbrush and trees you are very secluded. Situated on lake Ashtabula about 12 miles north of Valley City. We would definitely stay again for a lone weekend or 4 days just to relax.

Best Campground on Lake Ashtabula

Eggerts, sometimes called Bayshore, is my favorite place to camp on Lake Ashtabula! The campground is fairly secluded, several campsites with trees blocking the view of neighbors, and lots of shade. The swimming area is great for young kids as the water is quite shallow, excellent park too! Stop by Bayshore Resort on the otherside of the bay for breakfast!

Excellent Campground for the Family

I grew up camping along Lake Ashtabula. This is a great campground for the family; nice park, friendly campers, nice swimming area and an excellent place to watch fireworks on the 4th of July.

No Phone Service

Great campsites through out the park. Cell service is very limited, makes it a very quiet weekend. Nice trail and a cool bench 🤫

Great place to camp

This Army Corp campground is out favorite, there are three other Army Corp campgrounds around Lake Ashtabula but this one is the best. Spots are secluded and shaded. Beautiful beach for swimming and a nice playground to keep the kids entertained. Spots are gravel so there is no mud to deal with. They also have a great fishing pier. Only negative thing I can say is the rules are not enforced when it comes to pets on leashes, while I walking my pup, (on a leash) we had dogs run at us from two different camp sites. One was right in front of the host and nothing was said to the dog owner. It was frustrating because the rest of our stay I didn't dare walk my pup, she needed to stay at camp on her lead. This is a common problem at campgrounds I have found.

Beautiful Location

Very nice riverside campground, relatively small but easy to get campers into spots. Our camper is 36' long and had no issues. Very nice play area for the kids, next to a large covered picnic area for the adults. everyone was very friendly and the view over the river was beautiful.

Confused but good

We had paid for the campsite before we got there, and when we got there, there was no camp host and absolutely no one at the campground. We were confused because across the lake we could see at least 10 tents set up. I also thought $26 was a little steep to stay the night.

The camp ground had many trees though, which i love. And it was very close to the boat ramp, we liked the camp ground, but i imagine if the campground were full that it would be very crowded. Also it had recently rained and the campsites down hill (closest to the lake) had puddles of water.