Camping in Wootens Crossroads

88 Reviews of 21 Wootens Crossroads, North Carolina Campgrounds

Tammie S.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Hidden gem

Extra large and private campsites. One of the campsites has a hammock stand. The group site is huge. The whole park is very clean and spacious.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Favorite Spot

We have traveled from Texas to Virginia and now down to NC and I think this is our favorite spot. A trolley can take you to the beach for a small fee, the people working here are nice, and the site is expansive with quite a few amenities. We would certainly come back.

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Carolina pines was awesome

We stayed at Carolina pines and we will be back all the amenities was amazing the food was good and the pool felt great

Sited072
Makenzie T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Clean, beautiful and river-accessible!

This was a great campground for a great price. There was a path walkable to the river, and each campsite was clean, had plenty of space on level ground to set up camp, a fire pit, and very clean toilet. I would definitely go back!

SiteC2
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Quiet Relaxation, great location!

We were looking for a last minute place, close to the coast. Found this campground by chance. Reasonably priced during peak season. We stayed 2 weeks, had a large campsite (probably hit or miss on site size), and really enjoyed our stay. Quiet site, not a lot on amenities, but nice wooded areas,…

S
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Spacious Sites

This campsite doesn’t seem to be too popular which is fine. The tent sites are some of the better spread out ones that I’ve seen and having cell coverage is immensely appreciated considering you’re basically in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful hikes around the river right next door.

bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Great family campground

A short 5min drive is all it takes to get to the beach. There's also a Food Lion and a Hardware store just 1mile away for the necessities you may need. Mostly quiet. Only dislike was the security light that was over our camper on site 21. full hook-up, which we only used water/electric. Bathrooms…

• site 21. security light is only dislike
Małgorzata R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Winter trip

Nice family friendly campground. Plenty of things to do for the kids. Water park, swimming pools, playgrounds, laser tag area. Golf carts are of you both for the rent. Nice size convenient store you can also purchase homemade ice cream. Pet friendly with two dog parks.

Month of VisitJanuary
Małgorzata R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Spring get away

Great campground, big even parking spots, very friendly and helpful staff. Pet friendly. They have a beautiful bathroom/shower house. There is a large lake great for swimming and fishing!

Month of VisitApril
Kevin A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Great Location Under the Live Oaks Close to Beach

We camped at HBRV the past three nights. We were in site #46. Great site, full hookups, end site so privacy on patio side of RV. Staff was great. People were friendly. Only 2 miles to Holden Beach. Fire pit, firewood for sale. Some long term campers.  Definitely enjoyed our stay.

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2021

Great location

We decided to rent a permanent spot but aren't putting a deck on or anything like others as we plan to pull the camper out from time to time to travel. Yes, there are some rundown campers and lots of permanent residence but overall it's a great little place. There are plenty of spots for visitors…

Month of VisitMarch
NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Very nice place

Smallish campground with 20 sites on a loop around the bathhouse, which was clean and well lit. My girlfriend and I spent two nights and had nothing but good impressions. The entire park is very well maintained, and the staff was visible and helpful. An excellent state park!

C
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

Good primitive camping

Stayed this weekend and had a good time. The area is clean and well maintained. There is a lot of wood to gather for your fire but if you want to buy firewood then you’ll have to drive to the speedway about 10 minutes down the road. Once we arrived, the ranger came by and greeted us and gave us the…

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2021

NOT ENOUGH STARS!

Lisa and Brian are some of the nicest people I've ever met, Lisa is the epitome of Southern charm and hospitality and Brian my brother in arms my shipmate gave me a much needed lesson in sawmills which I appreciate more than he will ever know! Their place is a lil slice of heaven and a welcome…

Michele P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2021

More than Camping

My husband and I stayed there for two weeks in January. It is a true resort. It has indoor pools, outdoor pools, waterslide, putt putt, bowling alley, and an arcade. We ate dinner one night in the restaurant and it was absolutely wonderful. The chef actually came out and spoke with us. The grounds…

• Entrance