Camping in Texas

221 Reviews of 18 Texas, North Carolina Campgrounds

Debbie R.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

On the bay.

Pretty neat place on the bay. Stayed after a big storm, so lots of debree everywhere.

Debbie R.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Awesome

I really enjoyed this place. The sites are private and a short walk to the bay. There are nice hiking trails my dog and I walked daily.

Month of VisitNovember
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great beach camping !!

Perfect beach camping for tents ! This was our first experience camping at the beach and it was great. It was a hot July day , 90 degrees but we cooled off in the water during the day and by evening the cool breeze was perfect !! The only downfall is the traffic from the highway is loud and never…

SiteA26
wThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Nice

Really clean neat camp ground. Well cared for landscaping, nice lake, level parking spot with concrete patio. WiFi is fast and cable tv is available. I would recommend this camp ground. It is a little off the beaten path and the road coming is narrow.

j
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Review

Not a whole lot of people. Pretty windy area being right on the water.

Bridget H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Camping on the Chesapeake Bay

Our family stayed at site 99 which is close to the bathhouse and camp host. It is also on one of the small roads that leads to a boardwalk to the beach. Thete are 4 boardwalks to the beach over the dunes so keep that in mind when booking your site. This is a pretty big campground and thereare…

d
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Okay

The campground Is large with 4 pools. It seems to need a bit more maintenance, some if the equipment is old and in need of repair. The rental bikes need to be replaced. Our site was small for our RV and we asked to move over to the one next to us. They said they couldn't move us. When the camper…

Denise F.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Wonderful experience

Over 2021 spring break I wanted to introduce my 2 granddaughters to camping. But at only 4 and 5 I thought it best to ease them in by renting a cabin but still have the camp atmosphere. This location was PERFECT! It warmed up enough to enjoy the beach which was a 5 minute walk from cabin. Both…

Site2 BR Cabin
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great place

Great place to camp. Had water and electric at our campsite.

Sitec-8
Michelle C.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Needs more work to be worth the fees

This campground is less than 2 years old. They charge a daily $4.99 resort fee and I still have no idea why. There is no pool yet, waiting on an issue with the city. When we were there the midgets were so bad our RV was covered in them at night. Check your site carefully in you pay for a water…

Siteback-in water site, 66
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

great national seashore beach experience

Enjoyed a short walk to the beach for a longer walk down the beach to an old boat. Great night sky views and quiet campground. Lukewarm but nice free showers with is somewhat rare for national sites.

SiteA19
Christopher A.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Great place

We always have a great time here. Music and bands and events usually on weekends. Plenty to do on the grounds, many pools available and good level sites mostly

Christopher A.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Great getaway

The lakes are fun and we always have a great time. Some sites are amazing. Only 4 stars because of proximity to highway.

Sitef35
G
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Shaded, Nice

Shady sites. Nice people. Easy access to beach with free parking lot or trolley. Well monitored entrance.

Bethany I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Very quiet and peaceful

We came for a weeklong working trip. I brought my laptop to work from home and this place was perfect. The view was beautiful and the weather was great at night to just sit outside and enjoy the view. It was a very quiet camp with a great dog park. I look forward to visiting again soon.

• sunset