The best WALK IN camping near
Powellsville , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Powellsville Camping Reviews
Very quiet spot in the woods

Very helpful and friendly owners that live just off the camp grounds if you need anything. I stayed in a spot nestled in the woods. Very quiet. Good spot for a night or two

Don’t consider going if your going to use a trolling motor

After seeing some of the pictures I decided to call them ask how bad all the algae and overgrowth was and was told it was pretty clear. That was not the case, if you don’t plan on paddling with a kayak or maybe a canoe don’t risk it. I was going to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and there are countless limbs and the overgrowth is terrible you will not make it through. Not the place to consider going if you want to camp out and fish

Good People !

Great family campground

I have camped here many times throughout my childhood and adulthood. Miles of trails and so much to do. Always with clean sites and attentive staff

Inconsistent to website

So this was my first campground sadly and the experience was not what I hoped for. The Cheseapeake campgrounds website shows outdated pictures and does not show what the campground looks like currently.

The rules on the website are not followed. They're are campers that have hard piped black/gray water some that folks are living in are severally ran down. The website shows you can make reservations but they often don't seem like they are keeping a good track on people comings and goings.

Customer service depends on who your talking with some treat you very well and the older lady at the counter has 0 customer service skills. She is short rude and not interested in helping you.

The place is quite and pet friendly the 2 washers and dryers work well and are at a good price. The people at the campground seem nice and friendly.

If you can't handle huge large bugs that eat you alive stay away.

The country living and prices are the only reason I have 2 stars

Great family fun

This place was awesome! They have two swimming pools, golf, put put, nature trails, pavilions, Church on Sunday, nice pull through shaded sites, pond for fishing or paddle boats, I mean I can go on and on. The staff is amazing and polite. Prices are low. Only down side is the shower room. It needs to be updated but still very functional. Great place we will be going back soon!

One of the cleanest pools I have ever laid eyes on.

Tent sites with electrical hook ups right beside the river. There is a fish cleaning sink and a pier to fish from also. Small cabins are for rent here as well. This facility has one of the cleanest pools I have ever been in. Very well kept bathroom facilities with a laundromat as well. Very friendly staff and guests here as well.

Not bad

Campsites are nice but be careful the wooden borders is included in dimensions. Nice bathrooms with hot showers. Over 5 miles of easy hiking good for everyone. Gas station right outside visitor center entrance in case you forget anything. Not very many people here so its nice and quiet.

Only been here one time

I have only visited this campground one time & I did not stay the night! There is lots of space to walk and play, ride bikes, etc. There is a really nice pool with a store up front and they have cabins from what I remember. I would go back again IF I didn’t already live in the surrounding area lol

Beautiful Hidden Gem!!

This cypress pond is a great place for anyone! They have a family campsite loop with a nice bathhouse in the middle, they have group walk-in and canoe in campsite and well as family canoe in. They have a fishing area and a on site canoe rental. The Millpond itself is huge!! They use a buoy navigational system on the water. No swimming though due to the huge Alligators that live there. Overall this is an affordable and momentous getaway that I visit every chance I get.