Camping in Pendleton

72 Reviews of 15 Pendleton, North Carolina Campgrounds

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

Month of VisitNovember
D
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Great place

This is a very good place to camp. Beach on lake as well as a pool. Very quiet with many full time residents. Most spots reserved for the summer.

Mark N.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

It's A Swamp

This park was great but do recognize that is a true swamp. Alligators included. The water there does not move therefore is not recommended for filtering for consumption. The campsights are pretty close together so don't expect privacy on a busy weekend. The scenery is TOP KNOTCH! Absolutely…

• from the water access point of campsite 4
SiteCanoe in site 4
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Great In-Transit Spot Right Near I-95

Great service, price, and campground - stayed here on an in-transit night and was really happy with the forested feel, well maintained spot, and space. Will definitely be back!

Paul B.
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Beautiful Place.

It's one of the most beautiful places I've stayed at. The snack bar and store is a bonus

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites…

• Stroll through cypress grove!
SiteSite 2
Kevin A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

We spent one night here on our way north. We arrived late and left early. Staff was great met us at the gate and escorted us to our site. Mostly long term renters. Site were a good size and we had a pull through site and never had to unhook the Jeep. Full hook ups.

M
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2021

Great little NC State Park campground

This was our first time at Medoc Mountain State Park in Hollister, NC. There are bike trails, horse trails, and walking trails at this state park. When we went the trails were too wet for us to do but I understand that they are beautiful right along the creek. We were there with a group of…

todd B.
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2021

Awesome canoe camping

My group and I stayed at the Benett’s creek high ground primitive camp sites 1-3. It was a 4.5 mile paddle to the site, then roughly 1.5 down to the dock with a staged vehicle. The only complaint is the houses near the sites had a dog that barked all night. Super annoying.

Sally S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2021

Happy to have found this place

This is the perfect place to jump off 95 and spend a night. Easy in, flat sites and clean well lit bathhouse. And! We were able to take a site at 1am.

V
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2021

Under appreciated

Has a lot of potential but the management and employees don’t take pride in it and let the place go downhill.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2021

Ideal

Conveniently right off of I-95. Off enough so there isn’t any highway noise. Beautiful facilities. Including concrete slabs to park on. Don’t expect any shade, there are no trees. With exception of around the parameter. I would defiantly stop here again for an overnight.

Ryan D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2020

Great Time, and Great Service

This was my first trip in my new travel trailer. What a great experience. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Sites were well organized and easy to access. The pull through spot really helped on my first adventure. Hook ups were clean, and easily accessible. I have no complaints or gripes with…

Month of VisitDecember