The best GROUP camping near
Oak Ridge , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Oak Ridge Camping Reviews
Great Adventure in SW Virginia

This weekend was a great adventure in SW Virginia. We stayed in a Yurt. It has no electricity or water but the bath house was close. The yurt has a double bed, a twin trundle, a couch and some chairs, and a table and chairs. It also has a large wrap around deck with rocking chairs. A picnic table, lamp post, and fire ring are also provided at the site. We hunted and found fairy stones which made the trip that much more fun. It was just after covid 19 started and lessening restrictions began so the beach was closed and there were few people at the campground but we had a great time riding bikes and hiking. We even went to the Creeper Trail and rode our bikes from White Top to Damascus.

Good campground on Parkway

Rocky Knob is a good campground for a couple nights along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Loop C is tent only. Inner part of the loop sites are quite close to each other but have convenient access to bathhouse, which is kept pretty clean. Firewood $7 a bundle on the honor system, but is locked up at 5:30 each night. Great views of surrounding mountains in late October as the leaves fall away.

Great site!

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Rocky Knob campground (loop C) for two nights and it was great! On the first night she saw an elk and that night we heard a bear walking around our tent! If being around large wildlife scares you then this may not be a good site for you. That being said, the bear was minding its own business and same with the elk. The bathrooms in the bathhouse do not have lights or soap so bring a lantern at night and maybe a small bottle of soap. This campground is so great and the rangers are so friendly and welcoming! Firewood is available ($7 for one bundle-I recommend getting two)

Nice, small campground on the Dan River

Nice level sites, some open, some wooded, but most are fairly close. Several full-time residents, but mostly for campers. We were in site 23, which was wooded, so we had no satellite coverage. It was 30A/FHU. OTA TV is pretty decent with an omni antenna. Campground WiFi reached 0.85 MB/s, but data rates seemed to vary greatly, and often dropped to zero. AT&T had 2 bars and 3.5 MB/s w/o a booster, 4 bars and 4.9 MB/s with it. There is a nice 1 mile loop trail around the property. Campground was about 2/3 full. They also put up Halloween decorations around the whole campground, complete with a grave yard by the bath house, a really nice touch.

In the shadow of the Great Guide.

Overall this is on the keeper list. I found this campsite on line looking for places to stay while hiking sections of the MST. Took a shot and was very pleased with the result.

The first thing to note is that there are new, larger, spaces in the works closer to the entrance with (what looks to me like) sewer hookups. It is good to know that the owners are making improvements and it might be different when you get here.

I stayed in the wooded lots and these are definitely for tents or small trailers. The spots are nice, if not perfectly level and a little close together. Of course that is really only a problem if you have noisy neighbors, which I didn't. The campground looked full over the weekend but wasn't overly noisy. I attribute that also to the beautiful large open fields where all the all the children ran free.

The bath house was very similar to the standard state park setup. It is a cinder block building with a few shower stalls, toilet stalls and sinks with mirrors. Not fancy but definitely clean and functional.

I would definitely come back again and I recommend this camp ground.

Great place!!

Great spot for tent camping! Loved the hillside spots bc of all the trees and the multiple levels that the spots are on. They are all built out and flat. Bathrooms are clean and campground was quiet. I had issues finding out if pets were allowed… they are! My dog and I had an awesome time and we will be back for sure.

Great place to pitch a tent

This was an absolutely gorgeous campground I wish I could have stayed at longer. We popped the tent for a night up here and although it poured on us all night, we still loved it. Hope to come back and visit again soon

Bed Bugs in Cabin!

We stayed in one of their cabins for one night and came away with head to toe bites. The owners have been informed, but have not responded in any way.

awful

We stayed At Lake Myers because of the Thousand Trails package we received with the purchase of our travel tailer. We spent 6 nights unfortunately .  This is basically a trailer park.  Packed, old, nasty.  I cannot even understand how it can really be categorized as a campground.  The website pictures are NOT EVEN ClOSE to being accurate.  Never again.

Great views... Great hospitality

Love this campground and the owner is very friendly. The online booking is still being tweaked a bit. Beautiful views of Pilot Knob. Great hospitality.