The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
King , NORTH CAROLINA

Camping North Carolina King Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent King Camping Reviews
Nice experience

Took the dw and kids for first trip here. Everything cleane and staff helpful.

Good campground on Parkway

Rocky Knob is a good campground for a couple nights along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Loop C is tent only. Inner part of the loop sites are quite close to each other but have convenient access to bathhouse, which is kept pretty clean. Firewood $7 a bundle on the honor system, but is locked up at 5:30 each night. Great views of surrounding mountains in late October as the leaves fall away.

Beautiful Area

Just spent a week with these guys…Great people..Great campground

Great site!

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Rocky Knob campground (loop C) for two nights and it was great! On the first night she saw an elk and that night we heard a bear walking around our tent! If being around large wildlife scares you then this may not be a good site for you. That being said, the bear was minding its own business and same with the elk. The bathrooms in the bathhouse do not have lights or soap so bring a lantern at night and maybe a small bottle of soap. This campground is so great and the rangers are so friendly and welcoming! Firewood is available ($7 for one bundle-I recommend getting two)

Great getaway

We loved our time here. It was fun hiking to the vineyard and to Carter Falls. Very clean and nice place to stay

Nice, small campground on the Dan River

Nice level sites, some open, some wooded, but most are fairly close. Several full-time residents, but mostly for campers. We were in site 23, which was wooded, so we had no satellite coverage. It was 30A/FHU. OTA TV is pretty decent with an omni antenna. Campground WiFi reached 0.85 MB/s, but data rates seemed to vary greatly, and often dropped to zero. AT&T had 2 bars and 3.5 MB/s w/o a booster, 4 bars and 4.9 MB/s with it. There is a nice 1 mile loop trail around the property. Campground was about 2/3 full. They also put up Halloween decorations around the whole campground, complete with a grave yard by the bath house, a really nice touch.

Perfect and peaceful

This is a great place for fall great away. New River VA state trail is great biking. Convenient to BRP AND Mt. Airy visit is also a fun day. Location is central to all. Also great to set bank with a good book and favorite beverage.

In the shadow of the Great Guide.

Overall this is on the keeper list. I found this campsite on line looking for places to stay while hiking sections of the MST. Took a shot and was very pleased with the result.

The first thing to note is that there are new, larger, spaces in the works closer to the entrance with (what looks to me like) sewer hookups. It is good to know that the owners are making improvements and it might be different when you get here.

I stayed in the wooded lots and these are definitely for tents or small trailers. The spots are nice, if not perfectly level and a little close together. Of course that is really only a problem if you have noisy neighbors, which I didn't. The campground looked full over the weekend but wasn't overly noisy. I attribute that also to the beautiful large open fields where all the all the children ran free.

The bath house was very similar to the standard state park setup. It is a cinder block building with a few shower stalls, toilet stalls and sinks with mirrors. Not fancy but definitely clean and functional.

I would definitely come back again and I recommend this camp ground.

Very Nice Private Campground

We had the opportunity to stay a couple of nights at this campground on our way to the east coast. Wow, getting there was quite a journey over narrow curvy roads but once there it was a nice area. We stayed in a full hookup site 8 on top of a hill overlooking other areas of the park. They have sites for everyone and every type of camping! The grounds are kept mowed and cleaned, ample trash receptacles that are emptied daily and clean bathrooms. The laundry was nice and if you ran low on quarters the campground store would give you quarters in sandwich bags😀. Really enjoyed our stay there and took a day to explore Floyd.

Absolutely beautiful

We came here as our second ever camping trip and it wasn’t exactly what we were expecting but it was definitely an adventure. It was beautiful and quiet and relaxing. The only thing we were not happy about is the insane amount of bugs in the bathroom. But, ya know North Carolina summers.