The best GROUP camping near
Hazelwood , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Hazelwood Camping Reviews
Not too bad. Beautiful video form the rock

Since it is a large Rock cliff, probably not nest for kids. But is does have an amsonh view

Closed early

This looked like a great campsite! The website said it closed October 31st. Unfortunately, it was closed early this year for some reason.

Stunning Views! Best sites #43 #49, #46.

We stayed in Oct, 2020, at site #46 which was awesome views. Also loved sites #43 and #49 (Best sites in my opinion). Beautiful Place! Clean. Awesome views. The water is crystal clear. Lots of boats. October had great cool weather and beautiful that the leaves are changing to falls colors. I have seen pictures of this place being very crowded in summer. So, I prefer fall :) Seems great for kids and pets. Not a lot of space or privacy between campsites, but the views are worth the less private sites. Water and electric at each site. Showers in bathrooms too. We will be back!

Loved staying here!

A bucket list trip to step foot on the APP and spend time wandering Hot Springs NC.

Needs some love

We stayed in site 20 and my take on this campsite is that it just needs a little love and care.  My site was next to the creek which was nice.  On one side of me was a permanent trailer of someone who lives there and on the other side, nestled into a triangle was my neighbor.  His sewage had been overflowed by the last camper and they had to get the management to help clean it up before they connected.  It's pretty clear that the sites weren't checked or tidied between campers.  There's no cell signal (T-Mobile) and even though the camp supposedly has WiFi, they've not set it up to cover the campground.  It really just covers the camp store area.

It just bothers me sometimes when I see a place like this that could be so great, if there was just a bit more love and care put into the place.

On the plus side, this was our first RV camping trip with our new (to us) 2007 Keystone Laredo 265RL.  Setup and everything went great and we just loved it.  Overall a successful trip but just a bit disappointed in the campground.

Pretty good?

Pluses: Nice, clean, updated facility with excellent amenities including heated lazy river. Good location for commercial stuff in PF, Dollywood, getting to several areas in different direction of Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

Minuses: Lots of add in costs to use some amenities like pedal carts, no balls for games. WiFi was horrible all 3 days there You are packed in with other RVs everywhere.

Just OK

Pluses: Nice river and lake Excellent WiFi Helpful staff for parking

Minuses: Bathrooms are yuck - need redone Campground is loud from frontage road and running parallel/below Highway I-40 AND train going by.

Remote campground with beautiful settings.

Awesome campground with select sites. Nice tent sites but RVs are restricted to the edge of the road. Unique area with its higher elevation. Nice people throughout many who have been coming here for many years. Clean restrooms but no showers.

Very quiet and beautiful

Quiet campsite run by NPS. Beautiful in the fall. Great fire pit and gravel elevated platform for tents and activities

Laurel group site bordering the Toe River

Tis campground is a little hard to find because it is off of the beaten path but close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We went during the peak leaf season and of course, had to book the site super early. But we snagged the belle of the ball with the Laurel group site. The maximum number of people in the site is 50 (pre Covid) but we were a group of 3 families with 11 people and it was the perfect size for this size group. There were steps leading down to the river with a small spot for a 2 person tent. There were also a number of dispersed tent sites with room to spread out. We had our own very clean restroom that was not in the way but accessible. There are a number of trails to access from the site including Setrock Falls. Even though the campground was full, we felt completely private in our site. The Toe River is the real gift of this site. The constant sounds around you and the river loop trail allowed you to explore further. This is a perfect site for kids because it is open and the river is shallow enough. I would highly recommend this site any time of year because of the river but fall adds a special quality with the leaves all around.