Faith, NORTH CAROLINA
Most Recent Faith Camping Reviews
Beautiful park

I spent a night at the primitive campsite and hiked a few trails. The park is gorgeous and full of life. I saw plenty of frogs and tadpoles in the creeks, listened to a symphony of birds, and I'm pretty sure heard a few coyotes throughout the night. I also saw an abundance of different species of spiders, dragonflies, moths, and other interesting critters.

The trails were clearly marked and easy to follow. Lots of routes varying in views and difficulty were available and the staff were incredibly helpful. As for the campsite itself, it was cozy enough. Easy to find and it provided a few logs for sitting and a firepit. The rain collection bucket was mostly a little closet filled with spiders and such. I chose to gather water from the creek to purify instead.

My only complaint is that this is a popular park especially during this season. If you are looking for more isolation, then you may want to try this place off season. I had campers on either side of me and the trail was spitting distance from the campsite. While they weren't disturbing or being a nuisance, I go camping to escape people. Lol That said, I genuinely enjoyed my stay and will be back.

The Joys of Nature

Great place to commune with nature.

Zooland is wonderful

It was a amazing time. Everyone so friendly. Nice park great activity for kids.

Escape to nature’s playground

LNSP is just a 45 minute drive from Charlotte and 1.5 hours from Asheville. The campsites are spacious, and surrounded by woods with plenty of shade to keep the summer heat in check. The Lakeshore Trail takes hikers around the lake with opportunities to swim along the way. If mountain biking is your thing, there’s plenty of miles of trails for all skill levels just 2 miles away from you campsite. Lake Norman is huge and has a boat launch for everything from motorboats to paddle boards. You can even rent canoes, kayaks, peddleboats and standup paddle boards for $7 per hour. RVers will have to rough it - there’s no hookups but a dump station is available. Reservations are made through the state park website.

Great campground in the making

This campground has plenty of room to park and activities to do. The staff is great and the owner is open to suggestions to make this campground great. The only complaint I have of this campground is that some of the sites have some some tricky slopes. Took some time leveling my rig, but turned out great. You will love this campground and is definitely worth a stop.

Yearly Camp

We have been coming to Arrowhead for about 4 years now. We make time to come at least twice a year. Camp hosts are very accommodating. Very family friendly! I love how close we are to the lake for when we bring the boat.

Nice for a stop over

Small camp ground with plenty of space. Some amenities. Bass lake is small, but nice and the weather was beautiful so it was a nice setting as the evening feel. Fun watching all the turtles in water bobbing in and out. Nice way to end a travel day. Quiet place even close to the hyway. Friendly staff. Passport America Full hookup.

One of my favorites

Wonderful staff, great club houses, rental carts, quiet campground. Full hook ups and great to reception.

Great location

Good location off of 85. Great trails and equestrian trails!

Quiet and water all over

My camp site (#5) was about 50 yard's from the water. I found a place I could sneak right to the water and fish. Really enjoyed the peace and quiet here. Something to note is I did hear a few boats going up and down the river late at night. My only real complaint is I couldn't find a single electric plug anywhere. I tried the picnic area, the bath house, the swimming area.. Nothing. I was trying to top off my phones battery but had no luck.

DONT TRUST anything these crooks say

Walked in on 8-2-2019& reserved a boat, a$50 charged to credit card& was told to bring$175 the day of rental. After traveling an hour plus we arrived the day of rental& was told to hand over another$300 cash? We have 3 witnesses as to what we was told friday at counter. I asked the clerk to produce the contract stating what he was saying& he couldn't. Basically DONT TRUST anything these crooks say!

Clean, open spots, NO FRILLS

Very nice staff. We stayed a weekend. The RV spots were nice with easy access. The bathrooms and showers were AMAZINGLY clean! However, other than a playground there is nothing for kids to really do. The staff at the nature center were very polite and the trails were nice, but again not for tiny kids. If you were taking older kids it would be perfect.

Not Crowded during Summer Week

Clean bathhouse.  Plenty of hot water for shower.  Camp host flexible and takes seriously the safety of the campers.  Pull through pad was paved.  Badin Lake was beautiful at sunset.  My car is small and I had to drive very slowly on the dirt road (1.3 miles to the campground) as it had many large rocks (softball sized) and holes.  A Jeep or SUV would be better equipped than a car that runs low to the ground.  A speed of 5 to 8 mph was fine.  Campground road was nicely paved.

good campground

Decent campground with a pond for fishing, a swimming pool, and a store. The pool doesn’t have normal steps that you walk down into the pool on, they only have the ladder steps which make it a little tricky getting in with a small child. There is no access to the lake from the campground, but the lake is close by. Very friendly staff. The bathrooms/showers have no ac.

Nice area, just not for us

The staff is wonderfully nice and helpful. We took our three boys (all under 5) for the weekend. There was not much at all for them to do other than play in the pool, which was a tad bit dirty. BUT there were storms that weekend so I don’t think that was their fault. There is a play ground and game room for older kids but nothing for the smaller children to do.

If it was just adults going, or even older children maybe 7 and up it would be a great location.

Nice spot

Rough road in. Too much trash left by previous campers

. Beautiful place

Beautiful place. At $35 a night, there is a lot to enjoy. The only thing you need to be aware of is that some of the sights are very slanted. Very tall levelers are needed. But they do have cable, wifi(that’s ok) a dog park and lots more. It’s worth it.

Nice spot to fish and setup hammock between our trucks.

Sweet spot and public swimming at lake.

Friendly, large sites, paved roads, safe and secure

Very clean and taken care of

Restrooms clean

Campground on a lake, in the midst of suburbia

Oak Hollow Campground is located in High Point NC.  It is immediately off the highway and just a couple turns through neighborhoods and you arrive at the campground.  You turn left off the main road, across from the golf course and pass by both the tennis center and the gazebo with the covered picnic tables.  You can hear both the highway and neighborhood traffic from the campground.

When we pulled up, the first thing we noticed was the campground sign, with the electric gate with a key code.  We also were immediately greeted by a man on a golf-cart - which made us feel like they take care of who is in and out of their campground.

Pulling in, all registration and fees can be paid in the little brown building on the right.  There were many signs on the door giving us all the info we needed, seeing as the attendant was out.

We pulled through loop A and could hear music - we guessed from the lake, but soon realized it was from a house in the nearby neighborhood.  Several of the sites in loop A were crooked, but an RV could level acceptably.

Loop B was an RV loop - consisting primarily of a gravel parkinglot and RV's stacked one after the other.  The lake was an easy walk from this loop - and also had a gazebo with picnic tables underneath and 2 swings, doggie pick up stations, recycling and trashcans.

Loop C was the tent sites - many with interesting platforms that gave us a good view of the lake.  This view came at a price though - the sites were just off the road - meaning 4 or 5 feet from the road.  We parked strategically so the kids would always be between our van and our site - but there was no room for exploration on their own.

Continuing on down the road, we came to Loop D which was another RV parking lot.  There was a semi-permanent gate separating the neighborhood from this parking lot - but people could easily walk in and out in this area.

There was coin laundry, vending machines and a sink for washing dishes at the bathhouse.  Toilets, showers and changing areas were provided inside and a fenced in pool just behind the bathhouse.

This is not a campground we would frequent - but I could imagine people staying here if visiting from out of town or if they needed to crash for a night.  The views were beautiful down by the lake - but it was clear we were in suburbia.

Great stop over

Other than the need of some gravel due to the rain. Great place to stop over

Great staff.

Enjoy alot. No problem at all.

Never again.

This is more of a mobile home park than an actual campground. Many campers are full time residents, a couple of which eerily reminded us of the movie Deliverance. One of the families there doesn't appear to watch their children well, as we had their toddler in a very full diaper and their son (approx 10 yo) constantly at our campsite asking for food. The boy likes to throw rocks, a couple of which scratched our car. : (

The shower/restroom area was frightening. Very dark and dirty. Doesn't look like it's ever been cleaned.

Owner was not very friendly and seemed to be put out by having to rent us a space. We'll never go there again and can't recommend this place to anyone.

This camp ground is comfortable but still maintains its wilderness feel.

This camp ground is great for families and anyone looking to go outdoors. I highly recommend going online to reserve a spot ahead of time. From the times I’ve been there everyone calls ahead for there lots. There is plenty to do like hiking, fishing, swimming, and even horse back riding. And it you are an off road enthusiast, they have made some fantastic off road trails south of the Forrest. The only thing I have about this campground is the restrooms they provide are not the cleanest, so prepare yourself if your not used to that. Overall, I love this campsite.

Pretty Basic

Plentiful campsites, we arrived on a Friday without a reservation and were able to get a spot. There is a swimming pool, but we didn't swim. Some hikes nearby, but far from the swimming spots in the Uwharrie National Forest. No bathrooms near the campsites, but there were spigots with potable water. The tent pads were even and well packed. All sites had a picnic bench and a fire pit with a grate.

Nice shaded park

The park has plenty of shaded lots as well as some without trees. WiFi is not very good. But it is a nice campground.

Awesome experience

Perfect Cabin! Just needed a couple days away and was as good as I could hope for. Staff are great and helpful.

No hot water at bath house beware.

Nice spot for a bit of seclusion

Only three sites on this little out of the way fire trail. We go to the end of the road for complete privacy. No amenities other than a fire pit.

Free transit to the park

This campground is owned by carowinds and has free bus rides to and from the park from open until close. Bathhouses are private and clean. The campground is right by the airport so the planes are pretty loud but not much louder than the screams of the people on the roller coasters. This is a perfect place to stay because after a long day of rides you can come right back to your camper to relax instead of driving all the way home.