The best YURTS camping near
Elizabethtown , NORTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Elizabethtown Camping Reviews
Great Family Fum

We went for the first weekend of October to enjoy the Halloween activities and we could not have been more pleased. Our kids, ages 1, 3 & 14, enjoyed every minute of the weekend. We booked a quad site with two other families and the location was perfect for all the children to run around and be kids without worrying about disturbing others. Cannot wait to come back.

Beautiful open campground

Very nice campground, great amenities, very clean. Sites are very unlevel and there are sand spurs everywhere so definitely keep shoes on everyone, we had to buy our pup booties.

Great first trip!

We stayed a for 3 days. It was our first camping trip as a family and we couldn’t have picked a better place. We will definitely be coming back.

Love it

Great place for the family! Plenty of stuff to do and the ability to relax when needed! My son loves it and we go here regularly !!!! Super friendly staff!

Great Campground, Hope to be back soon!

we had a great time at Daddy Joe's, it was our first trip in our travel trailer our site was perfect and had plenty of space.  We have two younger kids and they had a blast riding bikes around the camp ground, then playing in the pools and splash pad! We can't wait to go back again

Must stay

I needed some time away. This is a great way to escape. Very clean well kept, people are nice. Indoor and outdoor pool, clean bathrooms, has store and cafe. If you don't have a camper or don't want to tent nice cabins are available. Great place!

Must stay

Perfect family camp ground

Nothing but good vibes from this spot. The ponds are overfished and difficult to catch fish so make sure to use finesse.

The best!

We had an absolutely amazing time! Tons of activities for the kids and adults! Nice clean bath houses, paved roads all the way through and the sites we're great!

Great campground but avoid the yurt!

I have camped with a large group of friends at site #2 a couple of times, but this weekend, I wanted to camp with just my two boys, and site #5 (the yurt site) was available.  This site was new since I had camped here last.  It said it slept 6 and the website showed a pic of two beds; I *assumed* there would be four more, since it slept 6.

Long story short, just 2 beds.  But the worst part was weeds growing up through the floorboards, ripped screens, doors that wouldn't zip completely, and two (purposeful) holes at the top that surely let in mosquitoes!  The boy who slept at ground level is completely bitten up, despite me spraying everyone with bug spray and using my tennis racket-style bug zapper to clear out the yurt before bed.

Our trash can was completely full (I mean, at least there's a trash can, but we could hardly use it). Our fire ring was full of ashes and the grate was jammed down.  The previous campers had left us a few jugs of water but also small pieces of trash scattered about.  What I'm trying to say was that this site was not maintained between the last visitors and us.

The campground, though, is awesome if you like roughing it.  You are allowed, thankfully, to drive to your site, but it's a hike to walk to the running water toilets, and I saw lots of people drive to them.  There is a closer pit toilet but I didn't check that out.

The lake is beautiful, shallow, warm, good fishing, fun for everyone!  Bullfrogs, peepers, and owls called all night.  Dragonflies galore flew about.  It's rustic, but relaxing.  And the visitor's center has a nice exhibit on the Carolina Bays.