Camping in Donnaha

213 Reviews of 22 Donnaha, North Carolina Campgrounds

K
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Byrd’s Branch

This is a great campground! Quiet, relaxing, and very well maintained . Well spaced sights , I hope to come back here! The owners are on sight and are very nice and helpful. This campground is immaculately maintained.

Month of VisitOctober
Joe F.
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Nice and quiet

Great park with large sites and plenty of space between sites.Bathrooms were clean and we'll maintained.plenty of hiking and creek wading opportunities as well as fishing.also the Blue Ridge Parkway is close by for exploring.

Cassandra R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Wonderful

This campground is wonderful. The entire park is. Lots of great hiking and things to do!

The only downside is that everyone else seems to know how great this spot is, and therefore it can be very crowded

Cassandra R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Favorite Spot

We truly love this campground- it’s our favorite spot!

There are amazing trails in this state park, if that’s your thing.

The bath house on the rv loop is nice and big. They keep it pretty clean. It’s definitely nicer than the bathhouses at many other state parks.

The sites are pretty spread…

Nicky The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Quiet and beautiful stop in the NC mountains

This was a really nice stay, but it was just overnight for us. Took about 20-30 mins off of 77. Site 55 is the best site, but the hardest to get into with an RV. Beautiful views and area. Camp hosts really friendly and helpful. Explored the park in the morning before we left and I know we will be…

• view from site 79
  • site 79
  • Stone Mountain state park
B
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great campground

I love this campground l. Great hosts and wonderful visits.

Month of VisitNovember
Fonda F.
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Phillpot love

Beautiful lake area clean,peaceful and in tje sticks friendly va hospitality beautiful land and water,awesome camp sites friendly staff

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Great experience!

Great service and clean campground! Highly recommend their brisket!

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Hiker heaven

This is my go to park to hike. So many trails of all lengths. Historic homestead, amazing waterfalls, hiking, backpacking & climbing.

SiteC
Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Nice getaway !

My wife and I have been hunting for a new close camp ground. We may have a winner! Midway RV is very clean, quiet and friendly. The pool is fantastic and close to areas to go shopping or sightseeing.

• front porch view
  • front porch view
  • pull thru sights
Julie L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

VERY Primative

This site should not be confused with any other sites in area by similar name. You have to make a reservation with the park office for your site and drop by the ranger station to pick up your permit. The sites have NO vehicle access at all, you have to hike a mile into the campsite. The hike in is…

J
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Good Campground

This is a Federal Campground and is quite clean and taken care of. It has nice sites, clean bath houses. The sites are uneven so plan on leveling  you camper. It dose have a boat ramp and swimming area that is also well maintained. The turns into sites are tight so just be aware

Dave V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Andy Griffith's favorite haunt with Helen Crump

I have driven past geological knob numerous times in my NC travels, but this time I was able to visit. I usually travel 'by the seat of my pants' and hope to find an available site and being early week I was able to easily secure a site.

Of the 42 campsites, less than a dozen were filled, so I had…

• Entrance Sign
  • Pretty self explanatory
  • Trail signage
Elizabeth J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Great staff and large sites

Wonderful staff we were there from Monday (Labor Day) thru Wednesday so very quiet. I understand it is busy on weekends and holidays but we are lucky enough to camp during the week.

Site was large and very level. Bought new Anderson levelers and haven’t even had a chance to use them.

SiteI believe it was site C1. this is a new section.
Erin W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Pretty campground, great hiking, lame lake

Nice campground with spacious campground sites. If you like hiking... this park is perfect! Hanging rock is a beautiful spot.. go early cuz it gets busy. Lots of waterfalls as well.

But if you want the lake you’ll have to pay extra per person to use. As well as rent boats & boards...…