The best WALK IN camping near
Bolton , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Bolton Camping Reviews
New sites available

We made this a stop on our way home from Florida. We were pleased to have been offered a pull through site upgrade for $1.32. That’s right, $1.32. Nice sites for a quick trip or a couple nights.

Outstanding campground

They have beach and shaded campsites. Indoor and outdoor pools, trash pickup and so much more. Will totally be going back!!

Great place, mosquitos are brutal

We camped here Wed through Sat for my son's fall break. We arrived on Wed afternoon around 4pm. I was wearing leggings and the mosquitos literally landed on my leggings and bit me through them. I didn't even know that could happen. I should have left the campsite then and gone to Walmart, 17 min away, and bought enough bug spray and candles for the weekend but we set up the campsite instead. We just got back so camped the first week in October, site 17. For the four days, I had two citronella candles, one on the picnic table and one near our camping chairs, a thermocell fogger in the tent (ran for about an hour before we went in to go to sleep)  and then two bottles of 40% deet spray…one for our car when we came back to the campsite and one on the picnic table. We brought our kayaks and launched from both the Carolina Beach State Park marina and also Trails End public access (intercoastal waterway). Both were great with plenty of parking while we were there. There are VERY large yachts in the trails end area which are cool to see, just be careful when paddling that area. We fished at both places and also at Carolina beach from the surf. I caught a HUGE drum there. Lots of dogs off of leashes (rules change Oct 1st) so that was cool to see. We mostly cooked at the campsite but ate dinner at Sea Witch Cafe one night. The place is dog friendly, which we needed, and the food was reasonably priced and so good. The park rangers lock the gates at 9pm and they don't open until 7am so you have to plan accordingly. This wasn't an issue for us, we just watched the clock and made sure we were back. Beach is about 6 min away, Walmart is about 17 min or so, several grocery stores nearby (Food Lion, Publix). Overall, it was a great trip, I just wasn't prepared initially for the mosquitos. I got 90 bites that first day. I even had to constantly spray down my dog to keep the mosquitos off of her. It was a bit much. Definitely put all of your food in your car or at a minimum in your tent. Raccoons come nightly. :) We lost a quesadilla, some dog food, etc.

Great Family Fum

We went for the first weekend of October to enjoy the Halloween activities and we could not have been more pleased. Our kids, ages 1, 3 & 14, enjoyed every minute of the weekend. We booked a quad site with two other families and the location was perfect for all the children to run around and be kids without worrying about disturbing others. Cannot wait to come back.

Very clean and fun

Great sites, fishing pier, playground great for kids, close to shopping and other stuff

Fantastic area and vibe

We visited this area last summer, but didn't camp there. However we did spend a lot of time in area. This campground is directly across the street from the beach. The beach is beautiful and the landscaping has rock formations scattered through it. It's a somewhat remote feel to this area even though it's not far from Carolina Beach. There is also a aquarium, and museum down the road if you need a history or education fix. Down South of it is bald island a access to a ferry that will take you to Southport. Next time we come back to this area we will definitely camp here.

We love it

Nice and private. Very clean and everyone is very friendly.

Nice

A great place. I love they have a pool. It’s definitely a nice place to stop and rest on a trip while traveling down interstate 95.

Would give five stars but management is awful.

The people that run this place are super grouchy and super Christian. They literally watch everything you do with binoculars No alcohol allowed but if you get past that the place is wonderful.

Beautiful open campground

Very nice campground, great amenities, very clean. Sites are very unlevel and there are sand spurs everywhere so definitely keep shoes on everyone, we had to buy our pup booties.