The best YURTS camping near
Beam Mill , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Beam Mill Camping Reviews
Awesome for dogs and people!

We camped here back in August and had a blast! We brought our two dogs and they also had a great time. This site is very dog friendly (obviously), with many sites having their own fenced in yards. We opted for a site without a fence, which we regretted once we got there. The gravel at our site was painful for our dog’s feet and they had a hard time walking on it. The dog parks made up for this! There are multiple large dog parks located at the campground. The restrooms were awesome, but are single person use only. We felt like we were the only ones using them (that’s how well maintained they were). Campsites are close together but we didn’t mind. The staff was great, they helped us find our site and even helped us back our camper in. There was power and water hookup at each site. There is tons of stuff to do around the area too. Chimney Rock and Lake Lure are right around the corner and SO FUN.

Made for large groups not intimate getaways

Be prepared for an encyclopedia of reading all the rules. I found the yurts and cabins to be way too close together for any type of privacy. Maybe they have it set up that way for big groups to come in at once? But it was so noisy with kids and dogs echoing in the valley, and we could even hear the neighboring cabins talking while sitting around their campfire. I suppose if I was there with a group of close friends it would be okay but it seems with all the land they have that they could have given each person more privacy in their spaces. One more thing that may help is we hiked all of the trails and noticed in several places there were 3-4 inch protrusions where small trees where cut down but not cut all the way back to the ground and I almost sprained my ankle. They all did spray paint some of the roots and had the trails nice and cleared but the exposed ends of the small trees throughout the trail are a real hazard. I’m super fit and have good eyesight and hike a lot so I was able to dodge many of them but I’m sure the kids and the older adults may get hurt. Other than the close proximity of the cabins/yurts/RVs and the exposed tree stubs I think they have a great concept (for large group events) and we enjoyed our stay. One more thing the shower handle falls off in the small yurt.

Changed Owners

Stayed a 4 Paws numerous times now and have always had a good time. There are options as to how you want to camp. This year I had one site with a fence all the way around and most recently my site had a small fenced in yard for the dogs to use. Ownership has changed as of Thanksgiving week, we will see what the new owners do. There is a laundry, dog wash and shower building that is well maintained and very modern. We visited several EXCELLENT hiking trails that had the views! Then there’s sampling of local cuisine and shopping. Asheville, Hendersonville and Greenville are all nearby. Or you could easily sit at the campground and just hangout at the dog parks. For Thanksgiving they served a meal and had other events. They also have other event weekends that are a lot of fun.

We’ll Be Back!

We finally made it to Emberglow in early November 2020. It was perfect. It didn’t feel like a parking lot with RVs and campers but had enough space in between each spot with plenty to do for kids and adults.

Great Campground

Stayed here for the weekend and Emberglow hosted a 5K. It was a great time. Great family campground. All camping sites are gravel so make sure you have some leveling blocks. They also have yurts and tree houses that look like a blast as well. Definitely will be back.

Wonderful family campground

Just spent the weekend here and loved it! Great place for kids with jump pad, swingset, slides, climbing dome, pool, a creek to explore, hiking trails, and more! We planned to explore the area (Chimney Rock, Lake Lure) but ended up staying the entire time in the campground. Just a beautiful new place, very relaxing. We will definitely be back! Would be a wonderful place to plan a group trip due to the variety of accommodations (RV sites, treehouses, remodeled campers, pods, tent sites, etc.).

A true hidden gem!

We took our camper to Emberglow for its maiden voyage. We were straight from the Camping World in Hendersonville. We picked the best place for our first trip. Emberglow is amazing! The pool is the best I’ve been to at any hotel. It isn’t a large campground so the pool wasn’t busy. The bathhouses were amazing with granite countertops, tile floor and walls, along with a beautiful mural. We have since realized that is not the norm in other campgrounds. We were a little spoiled since this was our first impression of camping. Our son enjoyed the jump pad and playing in the creek. There was a volleyball court that we didn’t get to enjoy and they were in the midst of building a playground. A nice dog park was on site also. We can’t wait to return! It was only a 10 minute drive to Lake Lure & Chimney Rock for eating out and exploring.

So many activities!

This was our second trip to Yogi Golden Valley but the first trip with our new camper. We had a wonderful weekend! My family rented a cabin on the creek. Golf carts are a must to get around since the campground is so big! The kids enjoyed the water park, putt putt, gem mining, fishing, crafts and tie dying shirts. There were several activities we didn’t get a chance to do this trip (kayak, laser tag and the playground). We will definitely be back! It’s within an hour drive for us and you can’t beat it!

Glamping at its finest

We had a absolutely wonderful time in our RV at Emberglow. The pool is resort quality, and there’s a bounce pillow and a dog park as well. We had so much fun.

We were just there last month and we are coming back this month with members of our church who plan to rent three houses.

Awesome place

Pool and staff are amazing. Quiet clean and great sites