Alliance, NORTH CAROLINA
Most Recent Alliance Camping Reviews
Best Campground on Ocracoke

I absolutely love Ocracoke and Teeter’s is the only campground with power and hot showers. The owner is super nice and prices are reasonable. You can walk everywhere you need to go. Take bug spray! Ocracoke mosquitoes are on steroids. My pup loved golf cart rides around the village

This is a clean campground. Nothing fancy. It is close to beaches and the intercoastal waterway.

Pros: clean bathhouse and laundry house. Nice pool. Small Catch and release pond for fishing. Military discount.

Cons: Un-level gravel camper parking areas made it hard to get our camper level.

Ant piles everywhere and ants all over our chairs and outdoor rugs. Dogs couldn’t get a spot without ants.

No shade trees for short stay guests. This is a deal breaker for us, as it’s hot as hell here in the summer time.

No Wifi. Cable hook up wouldn’t work for us.

Alot of full timers, and residents here. And no access to the waterway as advertised.

Great Campground Close to Historic New Bern and Tryon Palace

I think this is only the third time I have stayed at a cabin at a campground, and it was all right but I like tent camping better. Because of the intense heat and health concerns, we chose to stay in a cabin here. I wish I had taken more pictures of the campground, but my buddy(seen in the photos) and I are photographers who look for scenes of beauty. It’s not that the campground was not“pretty,” but when you are this close to New Bern, there are better things to photograph. There’s Tryon Palace, Union Point Park, the historic Confederate cemetery, the fireman’s museum, the Pepsi Cola museum(New Bern is where Pepsi was born), etc. The New Bern KOA is perfect in every way. The sites are large with full hookups, Wi-Fi, cable TV, etc. It has all the amenities of a top notch campground that you would expect from KOA. I have stayed at several KOA campgrounds, and they all seem to have the oversized chess; and I have never seen anyone playing it with seriousness. They have two pools, a pavilion, a bouncer… and I could go on and on. IF you want to spend your time at the campground, there is so much to do that you don’t need to go anywhere else… HOWEVER… Did I mention New Bern and Tryon Palace? You can’t come this close to New Bern and not go to Tryon Palace. The campground is located on the shores of the confluence of the Trent and Neuse Rivers. Since they join here, you seem as if you are closer to the ocean. It looks more like a bay. There is a really nice pier at the campground beach for fishing, and the KOA here has outdoor boat rentals. There is also horseshoes, pedal bike rentals… Did I mention there is also New Bern and Tryon Palace? Seriously, the New Bern KOA is about the best campground at which I have stayed, but my buddy had never been to New Bern. There was more to see. If you go, make sure to make reservations. New Bern is a historic town with lots of vacationers during the summer. Looking for something to eat? My favorite place to eat in New Bern was Captain Ratty’s, which has great clam chowder. However, New Bern has lots of other great places to eat as well. The downtown area is also a great area for shopping. Back to the campground… the first time I stayed at the New Bern KOA was over thirty years ago, but it has grown in size and amenities. Now, it is more like a resort than a simple campground.

Great Location

Just am few miles from Atlantic Beach, Fort Macon, and Pine Knoll Shores. Free cable, full hook up, super staff, very clean and pet friendly. Wonderfully relaxing. Updated and very clean bath house and laundry.

Great Beach campground

My favorite military campground, ID necessary, and a great spot for family time. The intercoastal waterway is right there, as well as the beach and a military shopette. We have found many shark teeth on the beach and made great memories wake boarding and relaxing.

Great campground on the water

My wife and I spent a few days here while searching the area for potential retirement location. It's also a seasonal campground. Bathrooms were spotless, beautiful pool and a nice little waterslide for the kids. Our site was right on water with a great view of the sunset. The barrier Island's are only 5 minute ride over the bridge

Great get away

This is a great place for any military or retired military member to go. The beach is amazing and the sights are nice too.

Do not go here!

When driving in it was beautiful. Looks can be deceiving. The only place to fill with water was the dump station and we were filling for 20 minutes and ran out after about an hour. The restrooms and showers were so discusting that we cancelled half of our reservation. We were to be there 3 days, go to Myrtle beach and go back for 4 more, but I could not bring myself to go back. I only time saw the campground host once in three days (at 6am smoking at his site), he was no where to be found otherwise. I called COE and told them they should not put this campground (it was not COE it was National Croatan Forest) on their site.

One of my favorites

This is absolutely one of my favorite places to stay! It is right on the beach, a little store is right there for your convenience and there is plenty of space for walking, riding bikes, etc. The area itself is beautiful, the buildings are exceptional. The only downfall is it takes about 20-25 minutes to drive back to civilization. 😂 This is bad only if you don’t bring enough food/drinks to the beach with you. Otherwise, it’s a great escape from the rest of the world!

Only been here one time

I have only visited this campground one time & I did not stay the night! There is lots of space to walk and play, ride bikes, etc. There is a really nice pool with a store up front and they have cabins from what I remember. I would go back again IF I didn’t already live in the surrounding area lol

Not the best I’ve been to

This campground is in an okay location. There is not much to do in the surrounding area and the only thing that I remember them really having to offer is a swimming pool. They had little paddle boats and stuff on the water but I’m not sure if they get used. You can’t swim in the water because it is just too nasty. The tent site we were given was awful. It is very stumpy and bumpy throughout the entire campground. Lots of roots and tree limbs. May have been the worst camping experience of my life.

Awesome campground!

I actually used to work at this campground and in my personal opinion, it is awesome! There is a little store where you can buy drinks and snacks & don’t forget ice cream!There is a game room, a swimming pool and lots of space for walking or riding bikes. There is RV sites, tent sites and cabins. This campground literally has just about anything and everything you could want in a camoground!

Great little park!

The whole park is awesome! Just be prepared to see stinky, brown water lol Definitely suggest showering after visiting here (if you go swimming)

Heatwave

Cedar Point RA is a small campground along the White Oak River in the Croatan National Forest. The campground has 40 sites with electric hook up. The sites are level and have a paved parking pad that they are pretty strict on you keeping all wheels on and a gravel area with a picnic table, fire pit, and two lantern poles (that also work good for putting up a clothes line or dog zipline). The sites do not have water hook ups so make sure your RV fresh water tanks are topped off, or there are plenty of potable water points throughout the campground to fill up you jugs. The sites are large and separated by space, not trees, for privacy. The sites on the southeast side seemed to have more shade than those on the northwest side. Campground map is in my pictures.

There is no office or signage for check-in, so we just drove in, found our reserved spot that had our name on the tag and set up. The Camp Host came around a little later and apparently we were supposed to know to check-in with him somehow. We stayed on site 24 on this visit. Lots of sun throughout the day until late evening, so a little miserable on this stay as the area had heat advisories every day.

The bathhouse could use a little TLC. The bathrooms were functional but not very clean. The showers are separate from the bathroom and half were out of order on this stay. Additionally, in typical National Forest fashion, there is no heat or air or even a fan in the bathroom or showers, so again, pretty miserable on this stay as the area had heat advisories every day. The heat in the bathrooms and showers had to be over 100 degrees. Also, typical National Forest setup, the showers are push button, with no temperature control (you get what you get) and the water only flows for about 15 seconds with each push of the button.

Firewood was available at the camp host. There is a full grocery store 5 minutes from the campground. The resort has many amenities like a boat ramp about a ¼ of a mile down the road and a hiking trail that loops for about 2 miles along the marshy shore line. There is a dump station and trash dumpster behind the camp hosts location.

We found good cell phone service with Verizon throughout the property. The campground did not have wi-fi.

While in the area we enjoyed the public beach on Emerald Isle, which is only 15 minutes from campground. There are lots of water sport rentals nearby and restaurants. Camp Lejeune is less than 30 minutes away and on some nights we could hear the artillery in the distance as the Marines trained. However, as a retired Army guy, the faint sound of freedom did not bother me at all.

The heatwave during our stay really hindered us. Not sure we’d revisit in the middle of the summer again, but during the cooler month I’m sure it would be much more comfortable.

At The Beach

We loved it. You must have a DOD ID for access. Right on the beach and a C store right there. Nice showers and bathrooms. No service for AT&T or WiFi. Nice and quiet.

See it before it’s underwater

You sleep to the sound of the waves crashing

Great sites on the water

Great sites right on the water . Will need bug spray.

Wow best Nc beach camping.

You must plan for this trip. You can ferry to sites or paddle there. Currently paddle is the only way as the ferry is down due to last years storms. Great sites on the island . Fantastic views quite the experience.

Great first experience

We used New Bern KOA for our shakedown trip with our new RV. Easy in, full service, lots to do. A great first experience with KOA

Great Beach Camping

Drove down from our 4 night stay in Kitty Hawk, took the ferry over to Ocracoke. Tent camped for the night. Our little spot (D25) had a paved drive that I could back into, a grill and a picnic table. So everything you need really. It dog legged off to the right into to smaller trees witch we took advantage of as a wind break.

We walked over the dunes to the beach, water was warm but the surf was a bit rough so I only went out about waste deep (Rip current). Wind was up that day too, a lot of sea shells on the beach if your into that.

Grounds had shower stalls with cold water, no problem for us and they had men's and women's restrooms that were clean and well lit.

We would defiantly recommend this campground and I hope to stay there again some day!

Perfect overnight

All the amenities and friendly staff Got us in ASAP Easy access off 64

Meh

The sites are decent, but very little shade. There are no individual water hookups at each site. They are just scattered thruout the campground. The website does not specify this. Also, there is nowhere to wash dishes as they do not allow gray water at the water pumps, and there is no gray water dumpstation if you did happen to fill your holding tanks. There are only four shower stalls for the whole campground, and 2 were out of order during our stay…and could use a cleaning.

Great location

Great location. Easy to get to the beach or check out the river or trails. Power only hook ups with a water and sanitation station for the whole Campground. The “host” sucks and will drive by 10 times a day making sure no one is breaking any rules. Well trained dog off the leash for a few minutes well away from everyone so he can retrieve a ball….nope. Not allowed. Drive 10mph in a 5. Get threatened to be kicked out? Meanwhile the bathrooms /showers haven’t been cleaned this year.

I almost don’t want to review

So that it can be a secret. What a magical place. A few great nights at the end of May. Clean bathrooms, refreshing (cold) showers, we were early enough in the year that bugs weren’t a problem (apparently they get wicked in the late summer). Bring a sun shade - even as we were in a more secluded area surrounded by trees we still had a LOT of sun exposure.

Peaceful getaway

The campground is wonderful. There were plenty of spaces available during my stay (6/6-6/9), especially the field lots. If you would like a dunes site, get there just before or at checkout. Also, check the winds before setting up a tent (15mph winds added an hour to set up).

The campsite is very dark and quiet after 10p, which makes it very peaceful. Make sure you have a small flashlight ready for the late night run to the restroom, otherwise you may run into one of the grills.

The park ranger I checked in with was very friendly and informative, letting me know all the rules, including the wood fire ban during my stay. You will be asked to choose a few spots before you set up, so I would suggest looking at the map posted in the photos for possible locations.

The village of Ocracoke is two miles from the campground, about seven from the Hatteras ferry. If you forgot or don’t have room to bring your bike, many places in town have bikes for rent by the day, and many told me I could ride and keep the bike out at the campground.

If you are looking for a getaway from everyday chaos, definitely stay on the island and at this campground.

Best Place Ever

Beautiful and clean. Primitive showers, but hey…You're on an island. Bathrooms, clean drinking water. Can hear the ocean from your site. Markets close by. Delicious fresh caught seafood.

Fishing Oriented

We stayed at Tranters Creek while we visited Greenville NC for a graduation. The campground was 20-30 minutes from the college so it was an ideal place to stay. There seems to be a lot of permanent type campers set up there and most of the campers seem to be there to fish. The campground itself was clean. The bathrooms were also clean and stocked. Since we were there in early May there wasn't a lot going on but we did stop by the campground yard sale. Overall there doesn't seem to be much to do unless you fish. There is a pier but they don't sell bait at the campground store and you must have a fishing license.

OH! Make sure you adhere to the speed limit!

Pretty pleasant

This was my first visit, I plan on going back so I will update as I learn more about this site. There are RV and primativr sites. They are literally right next to each other. The RV sites have power and water hookups, fire pit, and picnic table at each site. The RV sited are also numbered. The primitive sites are not so well kept. They are not clearly marked and no dedicated fire pits. There is a little highway noise pollution, but not terrible. There is a free onsite dumpster. Fires are allowed. I had alcohol one night without any hassle. Showers/restrooms available on site are free. You pay by the day (in cash or check) at the Nature Center (during banking hours Mon-Thurs I believe). Prices are fair ($10 primitive site and $20 RV site). Campsite is riverfront (keep in mind for the bugs). I didn't see or hear much wildlife aside from an owl, a rat snake, and one good sized spider. Campgrounds are pretty clean. There is a large communal fire pit with plenty of seating and little private-ish decks overlooking the river. There is free wifi. Multiple people had their pets with them. Good cell phone reception with Verizon.

Pretty pleasant

This was my first visit, I plan on going back so I will update as I learn more about this site. There are RV and primativr sites. They are literally right next to each other. The RV sites have power and water hookups, fire pit, and picnic table at each site. The RV sited are also numbered. The primitive sites are not so well kept. The are not clearly marked and no dedicated fire pits. There is a little highway noise pollution, but not terrible. There is a free onsite dumpster. Fires are allowed. Showers/restrooms available on site are free. You pay by the day (in cash or check) at the Nature Center (during banking hours Mon-Thurs I believe). Prices are fair. Campsite is riverfront (keep in mind for the bugs). I didn't see or hear much wildlife aside from an owl, a rat snake, and one good sized spider. Campgrounds are pretty clean. There is a large communal fire pit with plenty of seating and little private-ish decks overlooking the river.

Can I live there?

Ocracoke was wonderful in so many ways. Huge sites, only sand dunes separating you from the beach. Each night, the crashing surf lulled us to sleep.

The toilets and sinks are in nice, new buildings. Great facilities. The shower stalls, on the other hand, were by themselves, in the middle of each loop. The stalls are not housed in a building, just open in the middle of the field. (Felt like Petticoat Junction, if anyone else is an old time like us.) Water is only cold, we knew that ahead of time. Doors on shower stalls would not lock, and there's nowhere to put your dry clothes, etc.

No shade in the campground,  so prepare to create your own.

We loved it and look forward to returning.

Several ferries service the island. On the south side, two paid ones, on the north side, the ferry is free.