The best WALK IN camping near
Fort Ann , NEW YORK

Most Recent Fort Ann Camping Reviews
Not the best facilities but the location is great

I am torn about this campground. I love the location. Well that is about the only positive. That is why I give it 3 stars. It actually would be less stars if not for thd location. The campground is located on the lake in the village of Lake George. It is nice that it is not directly in the center of the town but still within the village. It's really the only reason we stay here.

I have noticed over the years the increase of security. It seems out of necessity not as a precaution. I stayed summer of 2019 and it was the worst of my stays yet. The bathroom constantly flooded from broken toilets. Bathrooms stunk of weed all weekend. If that wasn't bad enough, a toliet seat ripped off the toilet and thrown in the middle of the bathroom. People are disgusting idiots. We are a group of families who stay every year. It was about 10:30 at night and I got yelled at for talking by an over zealous park ranger. Of course I treated her with respect and did what I was told. We quieted down but the pot smoke in the bathroom continued all weekend. Not sure why they went indoors to smoke. Feel free to smoke outdoor on your site. I wouldn't care but inside the bathrooms where children use is just out of line. I did complain at the gate but nothing was done.

In closing if you don't mind not being in the village of Lake George, check out Rogers Rock further north on Lake Shore drive in Huage NY. Much nicer in many ways and is on the Lake as well.

One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

Family-friendly

There are a lot of amenities that come with staying here. There is a fire pits at every campsite along with a large community fire pit to socialize with and meet other campers. Its a great way to let the kids find someone to play with while being supervised. You can leave your car/RV at your site and take the trolley into town/to the lake to avoid parking in town. There is also a bike path you can take to town. The pool is heated by solar panels so it is refreshing without being cold. It is safe to let kids ride their bikes around the campground, go to the arcade, pool, or playground because nothing is too far away. It is a cozy campground.

small and friendly State Park with plenty of things to do

Drove in on a whim and were pleasantly surprised by how well the staff accommodated us. We managed to get a prime leanto site right on the river. We were only there for an overnight but we will be back. In the Spring the water is released behind Ball Dam, creating a white water adventure. The prime lean-to sites on the water are beautiful and spacious.

You should camp here!

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. Everything was very clean. Our site felt secluded even though there were other people camping nearby.

Awesome sites!!

Was able to snag a spot without a reservation. I’d probably recommend reserving a spot if it’s the main season but I went in September and had an easy time grabbing a site. Cheap sites and beautiful forest, really close to the Brook too!

large campground on a beautiful lake

Located at the northern end of Lake George and about 7 miles south of Ticonderoga, Rogers Rock is a boater’s paradise. I was here midweek, so it wasn't packed, but I image when it's full that it may be noisy - and not just from the people. Look carefully at the map when choosing your site. Many of them are near the main road. Sites aren't particularly level or large. Cell phone coverage is spotty, I was getting 1-2 bars with Verizon.

There's a boat inspection station, boat ramp, and mooring as well as a beach. Ticonderoga offers some history and is worth a half-day visit. Lake Champlain isn't far away, either.

Perfection.

I wish I could pick up this campground and take it with us. We had Site 01, a very spacious riverside site with water and electric. There were sites in either side of us, but far enough away to feel private. Across from our site is a large open field with a volleyball net and playground. They even have a fenced in dog area where dogs can go off leash. The owners were extremely helpful and wonderful people. Will definitely be back!

Quiet, spread out, and fun

I would recommend camping at Moosalamoo Campground because the campsites are spread out and it's nice and quiet with great privacy. The campground is conveniently located less than 20 minutes from Middlebury and still is down a long access road, therefore has no road noise. Moosalamoo campground has awesome bike trails with with smooth trail beds and nice rolling bumps. The kind campground hosts can tell you all about the hiking and biking trails within Mossalamoo National Forest. When you are in the Moosalamoo area, beautiful trees and wildness surrounds you! You should definitely come to the Mossalamoo campground.

~AJB, 10 y.o.

Secluded and Beautiful

We are not kayakers ourselves, but this place is definitely great for those who love to paddle, and for hikers and people wanting some quiet. There are a lot of options here, there are over 200 sites, scattered around Lewey and Indian Lakes. Some are crude and just off the highway, and some are palatial and able to take pretty large RVs.

At the time of our visit in September 2020, all of the lakeside sites were taken, but we picked a site that is right along Sucker Brook. The sites 205-174 are all along the brook and the sound at night is really relaxing for sleeping.

Most of the campsites along are loop were great, nice and level. Ours was pretty well shaded, which would be really great for the summer, but we had a little bit chillier than normal temperatures, so things would start getting cold around 4PM.

Now, this is a bear area (we didn't see any) but I have to emphasize that you HAVE to keep all your food covered in a sealed container. We didn't have a sealed container for our dry goods, which in the past has been fine just leaving it in the car, but we ended up with a fleet of mice making merry with some of our food (and snacks) which we ended up having to throw out.

The day use area has a nice sandy beach and a boat launch, and many of the lakeside sites, you can just launch your kayak or canoe right there.

We didn't use the showers while we were there, but they are single occupancy closet type. There's also a unisex, single occupancy toilet in the building in addition to the restrooms, which is really good for covid-era privacy. Not everyone adheres to mask rules, so having a place where you can be undisturbed without feeling stressed is welcome.

Staff is really nice and friendly, and it's about a 15-minute drive to either Speculator or Indian Lake (we liked Speculator more,) where there's gas, a couple of stores, a gas station, and a really cool little nature trail that takes you around a typical marsh area/cranberry bog. There are also a number of restaurants and cafes.

We'll definitely be coming back here!