Camping in Churubusco

41 Reviews of 4 Churubusco, New York Campgrounds

Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Super small sites

We arrived to find that the sites we had rented were covered in trees so our solar would not work. The campground host tried to work with us to help us find another site which we thought was super nice. However as we drove around the campground many of the trees were covering the road and scratched…

Sitenone
Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Beautiful small campground

The campground is small and oh so charming. The spaces are nice sized with full hookups on most. All the lots are beautifully landscaped. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The laundry room is near most sites. The campground is in the perfect location to visit Lake Champlain. There is so much to…

Taylor S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

My fav camp ground in ADK!!

I went to this camp in October and it was amazing. Love the facilities, actually felt like I could shower here! Lol. The ground were flat too which was a plus. Coming back at the end of May and I can’t wait for the warmer weather :)

Month of VisitNovember
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Good location to hike ADK

Tent camped here several times in past few summers. Good location for major trailheads and near by lake placid keene. Tent sites are not very big. Although weconfortavly fit with one vehicle. Free hot showers.

Ashley J.
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2020

Private scenic campground

We had a lean-to site that was just far enough from the bathroom that it felt far. I found the site to be well maintained and for the rangers to be kind and help. Great place to visit on the island.

M.A.D. P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2020

State Park

Lake front leento's have amazing view of mountains and sunrises. Plenty of tent, rv sites as well as secluded leanto's. Plenty of recreational opportunities

• Sun rise over Georgia Mountain
  • Relaxing to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore beneath us
Rebecca A.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2019

Not my favorite.

This campground was mediocre in my opinion. It was right off the highway and there was a lot of road noise. Also, the campground is literally in the middle of a neighborhood, which wasn’t my favorite environment. The campground did have free showers and decent bathrooms. Considering the scarcity of…

Rebecca A.
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2019

Amazing views of lake Champlain!

We stayed at a leanto, which have the better views of the lake! These sites are the same price, so it is worth it. The campground has a trail to the shore line, which is nice! There are showers and full bathrooms as well.

S
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2019

Wonderful Experience

Multiple different types of sites to accommodate all forms of camping. Family-friendly

Devon O.
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2019

wonderful but a little pricey

This campground is lovely! The tent sites are spacious and feel somewhat private considering how large the campground is. The bathrooms are well maintained and kept clean. The showers don’t run out of hot water, which is an issue common to many other campgrounds I’ve stayed at. The staff are…

• Lots of space to set up a tent and loungers at the wooded tent sites. The trees add a layer of privacy despite the number of sites all around, which is very nice.
SiteWooded tent site
Erik-Catherine B.
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2019

Great campground

Amazing views and great hospitality

T
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2019

Fun camping

Close to great hikes

Michael P.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2019

A great getaway.

Here is a wonderful State Park with all the amenities. Located about as far north as you can go on the East coast located on lake Champlain you won't be disappointed camping here

Sierra K.
Reviewed May. 17, 2019

Perfect location

We tented here late in the season so it was very quiet. We really enjoyed our experience here and the location to the high peaks couldn’t be better. The staff was great! The only negative I could really give is that the sites are a little bit difficult to navigate and find, especially when arriving…

Month of VisitNovember
Hollie G.
Reviewed May. 14, 2019

Excellent!

Great place. We have been coming here for over 20 years. Right on Lake Champlain. The only downside is the beach is rocky, so bring water shoes! Dog friendly, and you have the choice between wooded areas and grassy. Close to great road biking and hiking.

• Boat launch