35-acre campsite on a farm in Central New York! Emerald-View Farm campsite is located in Madison County NY, nestled into the hillside overlooking the Stockbridge Valley region.
Emerald-View Farm is a working farm that breeds and shows Registered Southdown Sheep, Australian Shepherd dogs and Daylilies. Throughout the property you will find sheep grazing pasture land and lambs playing in the barn yard. Depending on the time of year, you might just get to meet the next future show dog in one of our litters or have a chance to tour the beautiful daylily gardens.
We take great pride in what we do here at Emerald-View Farm and are honored to be able to share our property and love for agriculture with you. Our property is very pet-friendly. We only ask that you keep your pet on leash when up at the main house and pick up after your pet.
Campers are welcome to the hiking trails, which are located within the woods, and meadows. All meadow trails are mowed, and wooded paths are clears to make it more convenient for our guests. There are two streams that run in the springtime and early summer.
We have made the decision to eliminate the traditional air mattresses and provide both bunk beds with memory foam mattresses for your comfort. Both mattresses are covered with a waterproof lining, which are washed between each set of campers.
Please be sure to check out the extras offered – including pre-washed linens and quilts for the beds, along with fresh lamb for your dinner on the farm. Emerald View is a short drive from local breweries, restaurants, and attractions. The towns of Oneida, Bouckville, Hamilton and Morrisville all offer great restaurants, hiking trails, and shops to explore and are all within 20 minutes. There is a plethora of NYS multi-use trail systems within 30 minutes of the campsite as well as lots of local attractions. Additionally, there is a small local brewery 0.8 miles from the camp.
We hope that you will enjoy the property as much as we do! Please Do:
• Explore my property – there are trails mowed everywhere for you to walk. At the bottom on my property you will see posted signs. Please stay on my property.
• Take lots of pictures – if you post them on social media, please use the hashtag #itsanemeraldview and #tentrr • Enjoy the waterfalls and creeks – during the spring and fall, the water runs well. Sadly, in mid-July and August, they tend to dry up.
• Relax and enjoy your time here – please make yourselves at home and enjoy this scenic getaway.
• Rearrange the picnic table and chairs any way you’d like. (Please leave beds where they are)
• Pick up after yourself and leave the campsite how you found it.
• Bring any garbage up with you when you leave.
Please Don't: • Feed any of the livestock – leave that up to me
• Trash the campsite
• Wonder off my property
• Let pets roam off leash
• Touch electric fence – assume any and all fencing is hot
• Go in any of the barns without the owner