The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Sandia Park , NEW MEXICO

Camping New Mexico Sandia Park Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Sandia Park Camping Reviews
Kind of a pain

On our full hook up site the dump sight was in a bad place. We would of had to un hook from our truck to fully hook up. We only stayed one night and didn’t use any of the facilities.

Empty in winter!

I arrived after dark on December 28th, and at first missed the turn off for the camping, but using the map here on the Dyrt, could see where I went wrong.

Google gets you there, as soon as you cross the cattle stile into the park, take your first left which comes very quickly. Dispersed camping is on both sides of this road. If you go a little further, you’ll see the vault toilets on the right (I couldn’t find these until the morning).

It was completely deserted, except for one RV (I am sleeping in my car). In the morning I discovered a car which looks like someone may be living in the park, but saw no signs of anyone.

It is beautiful! I woke up to an inch of snow! One downside- it’s right next to a landfill. There was no smell, but I could hear all of the equipment in the morning.

Easy to find, clean, safe (I’m a solo woman). I’d stay here again!

Great Place

We are newbies to the RV Park world and I must say for our first official RV Park stay this place was amazing. Quiet with beautiful views. Public facilities are superb and super clean. Will save this place as my go to stay in Santa Fe.

Nice small RV park

We only stayed here for one night on our way from Texas to Utah but it was a nice cozy stay. The park has full hook ups and a little dog area. The wifi worked great we streamed Netflix that night. 7100’ elevation. There were a ton of stars at night which was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived around 6pm and our info was thumb tacked to the entry board. Call her and she comes right down to show you your spot. It’s located next to a little brewery and pizza place. The pizza and beer were both really good I would check that place out while you stay. Ale Republic it’s called. Check it out.

Sweet Spot

This place is awesome, easy to get to and free. There is lots of room and we have a lot of privacy. Close to town and everything you need. There is also a place to shoot guns if you got em.

Perfect spot!

I was a little hesitant to reserve this place after I saw the last review. I’m so glad I did. Here are some of the amazing aspects of Santa Fe Skies.

1) Mountain View’s 2) Awesome sculpture art 3) Walking trains (w/ doggie bags) 4) Fenced dog park!! 5) All the needs - electric, water, wifi 6) CONTACTLESS CHECK-IN!! I paid online and checked in, online. (COVID friendly)

All around great spot.

Just land

Located more in the desert, but an extremely bumpy dirt road can take you further in to other camping areas. Just make sure you have 4-wheel drive. Simple, basic site. Old historical “El Camino de Real” trail runs through the east side of the campground.

Washboard and Guns!

This would be an awesome camping area if it were not for the non stop shooting. Great scenery but annoyingly loud. Shooting noise started at the crack of dawn until sunset and it sounded like it was coming from all directions along with the ricochets. Shooters have left tons of shells and all the garbage they shoot at which is unacceptable and sad.

There are free roaming cattle in the area that can get quite close at times. They were not the slightest phased by the shooting just yards from them.

The dirt road from highway 550 is all washboard for miles and miles. You go through Zia Reservation land to get to this area so pay attention to the signs. You'll pass a couple of bike trail parking areas for White Ridge Bike Trails along the way which you can stay at if there is space otherwise leave it for the bikers. There is a large dumpster near the bike area as well.

Google maps shows areas further up the road. The GPS location for this site is right off the main dirt road but further in there are some nice spots but not advisable for low clearance vehicles.

There is no water and cell reception is spotty. Decent=Verizon AT&T=poor

Good spot for chore day

Accepts Passport America discount even though they do not appear on the Passport America website. We paid $19 for 30 amp site with water and sewer hookup with the discount. Nice place for chore day in between boondock days. Free showers, clean stalls and hot water.  Laundry on site.  Attached to laundry room is a game room with free pool table, TV, 2 arcade games (arcades were non-functioning when we were there).  Staff very friendly. There is a gift shop on site.  You can refill propane on site, but the propane company is a different operator than the RV park and were closed when we were there. Sites are very close together and not very level.  There is an area to walk your dogs.  Dumpsters on site, but no recycling. There is a "take a book, leave a book" shelf near the office.  Camping World is right next door.  Near freeway and you can hear the freeway noise all night.