Camping in Chacon

89 Reviews of 20 Chacon, New Mexico Campgrounds

Mike W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Wild Rivers campgrounds

There are at least four established campground in the del Norte Wild Rivers Recreation area with La Junta being a walk-in and the others camping areas having the capability of parking really close to covered tables. Area is on the edge of the gorge overlooking the Rio Grande 800’ below or the Red…

SiteLittle Arsenic
Tom C.
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Great views

Pulled in after a long day drive from Denver. Campground was full but site host told us there was a now show last night for a two day reservation and we could use that site - nice people. Our site has 30 amp electric and water; there is a dump station on site. Cost was $14/night. Each site has an…

Site7S
c
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Basic and good

This site is dusty & a little wild, but the views of the Rio Grande & mountains are great. Bathroom has clean running water. The shelter provides nice shade. Bugs & dust were only real drawback. Oh, and it was hot!

• Rio Grande del Norte
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Had to leave

This is a nice state park, and seems to be a favorite of the locals. The campsites on the north side are VERY close together and we had 2 or 3 local families with kids and dogs surrounding us. We went to a local hotel.

Site37N
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Convenient place - Not great wifi

Overall I enjoyed staying here. The area is quiet and peaceful, there were some tiny trees for shade, they helped tremendously. I camp in my car, so this area was really nice for that, the ground is mostly gravel and not much space between the camp sites, probably not as enjoyable as a tent camper.…

Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Convenient place - Not great wifi

David I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Pretty Good

Good price for the experience. 25$ for a tent and 2 people. 5$ charge for each additional person.

The view is superb. Camping sites are a little close but not a problem. My only complaint is the bathroom. Disgusting Lol. But absolutely a must stop place to camp.

Gavin J.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Hidden gem

This campsite is hidden just below the bathroom on the West end of the big parking lot. Most campers pitch tent in the wooded area in the center of the parking lot - this is off the west end of the parking lot. Wonderful trails and you get to camp right in the middle of an aspen grove.

J
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Views for days

Great place to camp along the top of the Rio Grande.

J
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Life on the Rio Grande

Nice and quite. Right on the River can’t beat it really.

M
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Nice camp area

Close to highway in a canyon. Can be noisy at times. Small river with trout. This is a state park with a camp host.

MARK O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Adult only great location

Great location with immaculate grounds. Staff are friendly and other than a little road noise very peaceful.

Keith H.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

High altitude campground

My GPS said 8000 feet. Little shade, close to highway and river. All spots reserve only. Flush toilets, water, and tables.

Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Nice Campground with some age

I did enjoy staying in this Campground on the North end. Nice picnic tables with protection, water at each site, trash cans nearby, and vault toilets. The parking could be refreshed but the scenery is excellent. I would have preferred site 38N

Site39n
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Convenient to historic Santa Fe

This park had more airstreams than I have ever seen in one park. It was fun to be a part of the airstream community! The park is clean and our site was very level with convenient and very clean hook-ups. Our site was gravel and directly across from the registration building. I thought it would…

SiteA11