Equestrian
No Alchohol
Round Valley State Park is located in New Jersey
16 Reviews of Round Valley State Park
Paddle or Hike in camping

Well maintained campsites. Fire pit had a medal grate to cook on. Beautiful area. we paddled in, the water is very clean and crystal clear

RVRA

Even though I live 10 minutes away I like to camp here because you still feel a little isolated. With no roads to the campgrounds it takes some effort to get there and it's a beautiful place. Sometimes other campers with motor boats in the middle of the night can be pretty annoying, but overall the place is great.

Top Notch

I love pretty much everything about this place. Let's just start your can either boat in or hike in. The hike is a 3 mile minimum 6 max. The view was KILLER.

The water is crystal clear, the area is clean. There's bathrooms and pumps but we just filtered the water from the reservoir instead which tasted a million times better than the well water. The hike up in the cushetunk mountain is really nice as well. If you're looking for a getaway without doing backcountry planning this is the place.

Go during the week if you can

This campground is hike in or boat in. The campsites are primitive and include a fire ring as well as a picnic table. All sites are marked and are either on the water (ideal) or set back from the water in the woods. If you have a canoe, kayak, or boat you're better off just bringing your gear/ equipment in that way as the trail itself is nothing special. The hiking trail does not offer views of the reservoir and is somewhat challenging for one who is not prepared. My friend and I backpacked in and were well prepared but we found it comical to see individuals lugging in coolers on the trail. They were huffing and puffing and sweating profusely as they were hiking the trail and they were barely a mile into their hike, not smart. The campsites start at 3 miles into the trail and are spaced all the way out to 6 miles. If you're on the water the view doesn't really change but perhaps the sound changes. I can't comment on the sound as I went midweek and had peace and quiet. This place is a gem and I highly recommend it to individuals who are respectful and appreciative of what it has to offer. You're not supposed to swim in the reservoir on the camping side but I did and did not meet any resistance.

Nice getaway

Had a tough week at work and was so looking forward to a break. This place is so relaxing and clean. It also has so much for the kids to do. Highlights was the flying smores that will be a story for the grandchildren someday and uncle Johns stuffed parrot.

canoe or hike-in camping

This place is exceptional for the NorthEast Coast. Not too far from NYC or Philadelphia. It is hike-in or canoe-in only. I'd opt for canoeing for the most enjoyment. It's very secluded once arriving to the a campsite. I've been about 5 times and have only seen one other person. There are no showers but there are pit toilets. The lake is beautiful though swimming is not allowed (but after 5 we jump in when the rangers are gone). Easy to find wood for fires, very clean (though once we followed a group that didn't clean up after themselves). It's a real getaway!!