The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Spalding , NEBRASKA

Camping Nebraska Spalding Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Spalding Camping Reviews
Lots of Nature

We stayed late in the season on a very cold weekend. The site was empty since the weather was so cold. Plenty of nature to get lost in. It was also decorated from the Halloween party. There were 4 ponds and the river is a short trail hike away.

Nice RV Sites

This is a nice city park with numerous site with electric and water hookup, dump station is located on you way out of the park. The sites are grass and some of them are on some slopes. It took a few moves to get leveled out.

Bader review

When first arriving there is an office that has showers, bait, and vending machines. Tons of tent spots to choose from. You have the option to fish from 3 or 4 ponds plus the river is walking distance. Beach area for kids seems to have people there often. Good weekend get away.

My main get in spot for kayaking

Over the years this has been my get in spot for around 100 kayaking trips. I’ve never had any issues with anyone messing with my vehicle. People from Grand Island have ruined this park by partying. Now it’s closed half the time and no alcohol is allowed. When it reopens I will still use this as my main get in. Would be much higher rated if it had not been ruined from partying.

Not Bad

Typically this park is used by locals for its river access. Tooley is maintained by Hamilton County and is usually in decent condition. Alot of times the area is crowded since it is a pretty popular point to get in and out of the river when kayaking, tubing, etc.

Perfect!

Wonderful location right by a creek, huge park with playground equipment, big swimming pool and golf course. Full hookups (electric, water, sewer) for only $10 per night! Cute town with all the amenities!

Great little campground

Clean but rustic. Has 3 sites with water and 30a hookups. Dump station. Clean bathroom with shower. Price is right! $10/night.

Davis Creek Campground site 72 review plus ADA review.

Davis creek is a 67 camp site (25 primitive/2 ADA, 42 electric/3 ADA) nestled in rolling hills of Valley county Nebraska on the Davis Creek reservoir.  Camping is permitted year round although water is only available April 1 to November 30th.  There is also a camp host in the RV section from April-Nov.  There are no established trails for hiking but the gravel roads throughout the camp are used for walking and bike riding.

This is a lake and campground that went from very primitive just over 20 years ago to a top notch natural resource district campground and recreation area.  The NRD is investing heavily in this campground with large shelters, shower house (bring quarters), 2 boat ramp areas, large fish cleaning station, ADA ramps, fishing docks, and a small swimming beach.  The rumor from the locals is that the entire campground will be electric in the near future.  I was really impressed to find free WiFi added in 2019!  The WiFi was strong and reliable everywhere in the campground.

I camped on site 72 which is an electrical site capable of facilitating smaller RV’s, campers or tents.  Site 72 was near water, a brick restroom building and the shower building.  You’ll be hard pressed to find any adequate shade at any of the sites here although the row of 60’s will offer some late day/evening shade.  All of the sites have very nice concrete pads with large fire rings with grilling grates in addition to large concrete pads with picnic tables.  There is plenty of green space at most sites and at 72 we set up horseshoe stakes and had all the room we needed.

The lake:  we took our kayaks out and did some fishing on this campout.  Access to the lake is easy with nice wide boat ramps at two different let in’s.  This is a popular fishing and water sport lake that does allow skiing and high speed water sports.  If you like to fish I recommend going to the inlet a couple of miles North of the campground, it seems to be the most popular spot for on water and shore-line fishing.  We trolled lines behind our kayaks and caught white bass on this Memorial Day weekend in 2019.

ADA site:  There was a really nicely designed ADA site next to site 72 that I think is worth mentioning here.  The site was flat with a concrete path that connected the site to the walking path to the restrooms.  The fire ring and picnic table were also designed for those wheelchair bound.  I’ve attached some pictures below.  If you have disabilities you’ll have access to everything you need at this campground.

Ranger Review: Primus Trailbottle at Bader Park in Nebraska

Campground Review: Bader Park is located in Merrick County a few miles from Marquette Nebraska. It has 24 Rv sites with Electric at $20/night and over 15 tent sites at $10/night, along with lots of day use areas. Everyone also needs to purchase a $6/day vehicle pass. It is a smaller campground with acres of prairie wetlands and miles of trails. There are picnic areas with grills scattered throughout and a group picnic shelter. The showers are coin operated, make sure you bring shower sandals. We were the only campers there except the campground hosts. It was quite chilly in the evenings, but enjoyed sitting out by the campfire looking up at the full moon and stars. You only heard nature around you…the leaves rustling as they blew in the wind, the crickets and frogs singing and the coyotes chattering in the distance. So very relaxing.

Bader Park has a swimming beach with a sandvolleyball net, and multiple fishing ponds. During the year they have fun activities for children and adults including Bird/Nature hikes, a Haunted forest, and Haunted Halloween Campgrounds.

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time and I tested the Primus Trailbottle at Bader Park. What I love about the 1.0L(33.8 oz) Trail bottle:

1. It's stainless steel with powdered coating. I chose black and it wow it looks sharp, but it has other color options. It also stay cold for hours.
  2. I use it for flavored water and was excited that it didn't retain the flavors from previous drinks.
  3. It is dishwasher safe and if you choose to wash it in the sink the opening is larger which makes it easy to get a brush in there to clean. It also makes it easier to get ice in.

4. I love that it is light weight and easily fits in the pocket of my backpack. It also comes with a. a strap on lid so it doesn't get lost and you can strap it on to your backpack.

I give The Primus Trail Bottle 5 stars as it meets and exceeds my expectations. Take a look at all the Primus products at https://www.primus.eu/

Neat Park

We stopped on our way to South Dakota this summer and were surprised to find these Rv sites at the municipal park. Our site was in the grass, there was a neat little bridge and the park was well kept. Plenty of room between sites and reasonably priced. Great place to stop over.