The best DRIVE IN camping near
Campbell , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Campbell Camping Reviews
Clean and Peaceful

I was surprised how quite the sites were with it being so close to I80. The shower and bath houses are very clean. There is lots to keep kids busy … our 3 year old spent most of the evening catching toads.

Great Spot to Stopover

Great little campground to stop overnight at or for a quick weekend getaway.  Well maintained. Odd "pull-through" options.

Tolerable in August, but only because we could swim a little

A short drive from the Interstate. Lots of sites to choose from on a weekday in August. The sites are spread among the sand channel ponds. Incredibly, we were not bothered by mosquitos. Sites had picnic tables and fire rings. Fire wood piles were all around to help yourself from. There is a small “beach” area designate for swimming in one of the ponds. It is small. Because we were there during the COVID restrictions, we waiting until almost everyone left before we felt we would have enough space to swim without being within 6 feet of others. The water was nice and cooled us down nicely.

The newly build vault toilet was OK. Our son reported the men’s side was terrible. The women’s side was just fine. We needed a spot to stay close to the Interstate for a cross-country trip and this was open and available. I would not return. But I do remember the fireflies fondly. There were tons.

pretty views, nice owners

snagged a lake front spot on a Wednesday night, drove right in. when we went to check out the next morning the lady said we didn’t have to worry about paying. bathrooms are clean + have pretty hot water. I would camp here again

Clean & worth the stop

The TENT sites are closed for COVID-19 social distancing, but the RV sites are OPEN. The concrete pads are well maintained, spaced accordingly, and easy to pull into for a variety of RV hook-ups.

The restroom by the main entrance was the ONLY open bathroom. It is wheelchair accessible & clean!

There are pump well water stations in the park. Many places to picnic and enjoy the fall weather.

Mormon island review

I’ll start off by saying it’s pretty decent fishing. Some sides of the lake have a lot of moss but I caught a few decent sized in just a few hours. Besides that very crowded and would not consider camping at this location.

Good but hoping for more

For a smaller park this place does offer a lot for the campers. There are a few lakes and fishing acceses. As well as a swimming area and beach flat roads similar to that of two rivers. Playground and other activities. The park workers at the booth are very helpful as well. It also sits farther away from I-80 then windmill, or Mormon Island. It does kind of remind me of Two Rivers 25, 30 yrs ago. We did just pass through this place as well on Labor Day weekend so it was packed. But this would be a good stay over night, and hit the beach, fish a little, and hit the archway, and the fort down the road.

It's a nice park or stop over but not great

This is a nice park, but not the best park. It is fairly clean, and offers some nice amenities. Such as fishing in 3 lakes or ponds, canoeing, kayaking, and there is also a swimming area. I would rank this one just below Mormon island but slightly above fort Kearney. I will mention we just stopped by here for a brief time over Labor day weekend. However I would not have a problem with camping at this park.

It's a nice park or stop over but not great

Surprisingly nice

This park is right off I-80 off one of the Grand Island exits. This park was actually a surprise to me. It was pretty clean, especially for as packed as it was. The spacing between camp site were pretty good. The lakes for swimming, fishing,, and nonpowered boats were clean. The trees, and grass areas were pretty as well, and had modern restrooms and showers. There are playgrounds, volleyball court, disc golf and nature trails available. There are camping for rvs, tent, and generator camping. And honestly if it weren't for the interstate noise (which was not bad) I would of forgot I was next to one.