The best WALK IN camping near
Bloomington , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Bloomington Camping Reviews
Nice state park just off the highway

Just a quick one night while passing through.  Easy access, paved and good cell coverage.  We only had power but we didn't need more than that.  Any size rig can find a spot there.  Would stay again.

Great Location to Relax!

Always a great place for a weekend get away!  Kids love to explore on their bikes.  Nice trail to the Platte River.  Just a nice escape location!

Plenty of hot water for my shower

We pulled in picked our site filled out the envelope paid 20.00 and put it in the drop box and the receipt in the window. Site 7 the power was fine. The water was good pressure and site was nearly level. It's 43 degrees at 8pm so I'm not using AC and the microwave. 30 amp for my refrigerator and hot water and microwave is working fine.

Tolerable in August, but only because we could swim a little

A short drive from the Interstate. Lots of sites to choose from on a weekday in August. The sites are spread among the sand channel ponds. Incredibly, we were not bothered by mosquitos. Sites had picnic tables and fire rings. Fire wood piles were all around to help yourself from. There is a small “beach” area designate for swimming in one of the ponds. It is small. Because we were there during the COVID restrictions, we waiting until almost everyone left before we felt we would have enough space to swim without being within 6 feet of others. The water was nice and cooled us down nicely.

The newly build vault toilet was OK. Our son reported the men’s side was terrible. The women’s side was just fine. We needed a spot to stay close to the Interstate for a cross-country trip and this was open and available. I would not return. But I do remember the fireflies fondly. There were tons.

pretty views, nice owners

snagged a lake front spot on a Wednesday night, drove right in. when we went to check out the next morning the lady said we didn’t have to worry about paying. bathrooms are clean + have pretty hot water. I would camp here again

Quiet and serene

My husband and I were able to get a primitive site right next to one of the lakes. Our site was secluded from the other campers but it was a bit of a walk to the vault toilets. We even saw some deer in the field next to the campground. Great for an overnight stop!

Quick stopover

This was a quick stopover due to bad weather coming in. A daily vehicle park permit is required and when this is added in to the cost, it’s a bit pricey for what it is, but the Recreation Area has a lot going for it. Check the photo of their brochure for camping pricing. They go by Electric Plus, electric and basic.

There are 7 sandpit lakes in the area that offer fishing. Lakes 5, 6 and 7 offer handicap accessible piers. Lake 7 has the swimming beach. I was camped backed up to Lake 4 at site 57. This site wouldn’t accommodate anything longer than 26’. It was also right next to site 58, so it would be great for 2 families looking to camp together, but otherwise, not so good. The site wasn’t level due to erosion, which was pretty significant.

The area has beautiful, mature cottonwood trees. One of these was right at site 57 so there was lots of shade. Also a picnic table and fire ring. Electric h/u, but no water. Need to fill up prior to camping. I didn’t use the dump station or the bathrooms so can’t comment.

There’s a bike trail that goes to the Fort at the historical park. I didn’t have time to check this out, but would like to next time I pass through.

One place to fill water tanks, boat dock, fish and cleaning station.

Love Hunter Cove

Live Hunter Cove camping, clean, great place to relax

Great Family Camping and Fishing

Large campground with primative and RV sites. Dogs are allowed on leash and there are plenty of places for the kids to run around and play. There is a heated shower and coin operated laundry available in the campground or you're only a few minutes away from Alma, NE for a supply run. Fishing is popular here with a great boat ramp and area to clean the walleye or whatever is biting that day. For those who RV camp, there is a dump station available.