The best BOAT IN camping near
Glasgow , MISSOURI

Most Recent Glasgow Camping Reviews
For $13 a night it works

Entrance to the park is not far off the road, but its 2 miles into the campground as you pass the swimming hole and rentals. We stayed 2 nights on a basic (no hook-ups) unlevel site with our 40' ft diesel. Now I say unlevel, if you dont have leveling Jack's and some boards you might be tipsy. We were able to get level, but to be fair for this review who may not have jacks, come prepared. We had 3 sites all were very unlevel. Our sites were private, primitive, and beautiful. We enjoyed our stay. The camp host was friendly and even delivered wood. Unfortunately the wood was went. Not his fault. If you have any atv, dirt bikes, this is the place to come. Trails all over. We were not bothered by anyone or the sounds, of course you could hear them but at dusk everyone had to be off the trails. Would return to this state park, maybe next time with an ATV.

Dirt Bike Four Wheel Haven

Well what can I say. I had high hopes for this one. Only offers basic and electric sites in small camping are. One shower house that was ok. Very loud and not a family place to camp. Great dirt bike trails and sever lakes. You can kayak and fish. I wouldn’t recommend swimming even at the designated beach. Had one lake with kayak/canoe rentals. Could be fun for day use. Would be great for riding! All in all not a place I would camp.

So So

Interesting spot right on the river.  We spent two nights here.  Confusion about showers and bathrooms.  No showers and no flushable toilets, just out houses.  There is a bar at the marina that gets super busy at night with locals.  Super busy.  There is no buffer or signage keeping bar patrons out of the campsite so we found ourselves being interrupted by foot traffic and questions about our setup.  If you are looking for privacy, we suggest looking elsewhere.  Staff overall very nice.

Really fun and beautiful river sunset

This is a fun spot with a cool vibe. Right on the river, food truck, bar and drinks at the general store, nice people, fire pit and music. There is a nice biking/jogging trail along the river as well. Spaces are tight to get in and out, but otherwise no complaints.

Loved it

Campsites were right on the Missouri River. Had great views and a stunning sunset. Staff was super friendly and helpful. We set up our tent and enos for the night on the way to Colorado. Even had phone service. Everything we could have asked for!

Happening time

On my road trip out west I stumbled upon this little oasis. Good people and a fun time. Food truck set up and beer was being sold. Gorgeous lookout onto the Missouri River. They have a stage for live music.

Decent Activities, OK Camping

The campground was average, as were the amenities- but the activities offered were enjoyable (kayak rentals, walking trails- these were shared with dirt bikes, horses, etc.) The lake water was fine for kayaking but we definitely did not want to swim in it. The Park Ranger was unfriendly, and we read reviews of similar experiences written in the campground office guestbook when renting the kayaks.

Not likely to return.

All sorts of activities

I have two dogs. They are friendly, but get rather rambunctious when they see other dogs. I prefer sites that I can keep them tucked away.

On the electric sites - sites 1-10 are in an area with lots of trees and shade, while sites 11-17 are more open, but still have a few trees for shade.

We stayed in the premium electric spot #15. It felt roomy and was close to the bathrooms. If your like me, and prefer a tucked away spot, go for #17 (no immediate neighbors to your left).

The park itself is delightful. There are hiking, biking and water trails. Hiking trail was really nice with a surprise waterfall! Because the majority of campers were out in their ATV’s, we had the hiking trail all to ourselves. The kayak/canoe loop trail is nifty as there is no need to park a car in another location.

Bathrooms were well kept. Shower house was just ok.

Fantastic location

Located right alongside the Missouri river and Katy Trail, Coopers Landing is a real unique place. The flood of 2019 really took it's toll on the facility but the new owner is working hard to get it all back together. We've stayed here several times a year since 2015 and it's a perennial favorite. They have live music on an outdoor stage, a small general store and a view of the river you can't get anywhere.  Bring your bikes and take a ride on the Katy Trail!

Very nice campground.

We will definitely be back.