Camping in Flag Spring

234 Reviews of 28 Flag Spring, Missouri Campgrounds

Gregory
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Great Secluded Campground

I spent the weekend here mid September. It was a nice place. Quiet and secluded. On the creek side, every campsite has trails leading to the creek. There is a vault restroom if needed, each site has a paved parking spot big enough for my truck and 25ft camper. I would say it could fit up to…

Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Beautiful and amazing

My fiancé and I stayed here over the weekend and had such a great experience!! Our camp site was right on the river with a beautiful view of the spring. The staff is extremely welcoming and makes you feel right at home. We did a 5 mile float which was the perfect length and very scenic. Highly…

SiteA7
EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Fun for families but not our scene

Stayed here two nights mid Labor Day weekend, so it was quite busy, crowded and noisy. The Caverns themselves are a very cool experience but the campground itself isn’t ideal. It’s first come first serve, no designated spots, so some people do end up close to each other.

Catie Z.
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

Fun for the whole family!

Our whole (cousins and everyone) met her for a week long vacation and we had a blast. The cabins were clean and the Murphy beds allowed for so much space when we weren't sleeping. We went rafting down the river and the kids had so much fun playing in the woods and swimming. It was a great trip. We…

SiteCabin
Michael H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Slow

I'm confused

• back row chillin
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great Campground for the Night

I only stayed at the campground for one night, but it was lovely. I had a tent/car setup. Nice electric and water access, and a picnic table with fire pit. Bathrooms were clean. Just be alert for bears and other interesting animals.

Mike and Michelle B.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Beautiful quiet

Our space was away from the big loop which was cram packed but pretty quiet. Trails were great but cave was closed while we were there.

Justin T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Great spot, little crowded

Great location with easy access to trails. Drive in spot, fire ring, latern holder, and restrooms make it convenient choice. Only real downside is the spots are fairy close together providing minimal privacy.

Bryan F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Group Site 2

We’ve been floating here for 6 years now and we’ve only ever used the group sites 2 & 3. Each site is spacious and plenty of hammock trees and little corners for tents if you want a little privacy from the group. You also have a trail that leads down to a little private beach area on the river…

• Pro Status
    Play button icon
  • CrawPapi
  • The Launch
SiteGroup Site 2
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Such a cute campground!

We booked our campsite very last minute and the staff was extremely helpful and kind! The only down fall to this reservation was we booked an electric tent site and the site the put us in and the ones around it had no electricity. The electric boxes were filled with wasps and spider webs... so if…

Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

I’m here for River but I’ve heard the cave is nice.

We’re more River focused than interested in a cave during a pandemic. So, I dunno about the cave.

Good river access, logical layout, standard Missouri state park fees and layout. The wifi got knocked out during a flood and may not be replaced.

Crystal E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Love the area. Tent sites are close to water, great fishing. Clean facilities and friendly staff!

m
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Fun times

It was great. Fishing was really good. Staff was very nice and helpful.

Site#1 primitive tent
Nicole H.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Favorite campsite

We camp here multiple times over the last five years. Great staff, lots of things to do,

multiple different floats and a great tube loop.

Dan W.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Double check float

We have several times been switched from 5 mile float to 3 mile float without warning. Understand that if river is high that it’s needed. Last time was told that it was still not clear from flood years ago.   They should stop having that as an option if that is true.