The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Duenweg , MISSOURI

Most Recent Duenweg Camping Reviews
Best MO State Park

We recently stayed here for thr first time and we can't wait to go back! Our camp attendants were amazing! The river is striking. Everyone is so friendly. We hiked, fished, swam, and enjoyed the nature center (2 kids 3 dogs). We are anxious to ckme back during different seasons to watch Natures beauty and wonder!

Pretty cool place

I grew up 30 miles from RR.. over the years I have camped or visited here it has grown and in some cases gotten a little crowded, but with good reason, it’s a beautiful and fun site with lots to do in and around the park area. From wishing to ORV to hiking to lake access it’s an all around fun area. The Trout farm is a fun tour and the trails around the area are easy to access.. big sites in most areas, the upper area has full hookups while the river bottom is not.

Great for a lake campground

Lake camping isn't my favorite because often times the sites are too close together for the privacy and quiet that I prefer that being said Hawker point is my favorite lake campground. Many sites are well spaced and shaded. Campground host is friendly

Private and Nearly Perfect

Just got home from a weekend stay at site C19 at Hawker Point COE Park. This particular site was just up the hill from the lake and completely private. The walk to the lake was about 50 yards and a little steep but we managed to carry two kayaks down and up without too much trouble (and we are a middle-aged couple), and it was totally worth the effort because it was as if we had our own private cove.

The site is very spacious and shaded with plenty of trees for our hammocks and clothesline. Lots of level places for tents. The park attendants were very friendly and helpful.

C19 has no electricity or water and the closest vault toilet is a good walk down the road. The shower houses were driving distance away. We have a shower tent, so that wasn’t an issue for us.

We drove through the rest of this park to check out A and B campground loops. A loop consists of full hookup sites and many sit right on the water. Little shade and crowded, but if you like to play on the lake all day these might be for you. B loop had pretty wooded sites but many were not close to the water. C loop is where it’s at!

Friendly atmosphere

Welcomed with a smile and an open ear to listen

Our favorite place to camp!

We've enjoyed a week here and have had a blast!

Nice lake side camp ground

I enjoy camping here because the sites are spacious. The lake is clear and has good fishing. The bath houses leave a little to be desired. You have drive half a mile to get to them.

Favorite place

I’ve been going here every year since I can remember. The camping trip to roaring river state park is the one thing I look forward to every year.

Great Fishing

All the campsites are fairly level and the entire park is nicely maintained. There is not water hookup at each site, but fresh water fill stations are easily accessible throughout the park. Great layout for family walks or kids to ride their bikes throughout. The bathhouses are nice and taken care of. The river is stocked with trout daily. There a few hiking trails.

Beautiful Place

Went tent camping with the family (6 of us ages 1-33) during the offseason. Just a beautiful place. Kids had a blast.