Camping in Buck Creek

93 Reviews of 15 Buck Creek, Missouri Campgrounds

Lucy L.
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Quiet and Clean

We stayed at spot 95 and had a very quiet experience. The camping spots were large and private. There are bath/shower houses with hot water and flushing toilets. The rangers completely sanitized all facilities early in the morning and we were very happy with our stay.

David E.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Excellent Campground

So nice and clean. The office staff was so pleasant as well as the guys that delivered firewood and ice and helped guide us into our spot. We made plans to go back in a couple weeks. We were there Memorial weekend and the place was packed but still nice and quiet.

Site35 and 36
S
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

One of my favorite lakes

The Pittsburg campground at Pomme de Terre State Park is awesome. The host was super friendly and helpful. The sites are all gorgeous, especially if you can get one right by the lake. The vault toilets are the cleanest vault toilets I've ever seen. There is a nice little swimming beach up the road…

• sites are well kept and spacious
  • the lake is beautiful and close by
SiteP216

love this place

this is a fairly new area. there isn't much shade. the owners are great. it's right on the water. full hookups concert pull thru pads.

Michaela L.
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Limited Room

Great Stay, lots of people and we had some trouble backing our camper up but we were happy with our stay.

Laura M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Fun Weekend Getaway!

Booked online, pictures were a little deceiving for double campsite. Unless you are a family camping together I would avoid. Park attendant very helpful moved us to site 61. We absolutely loved it. Electric hookup, great site for our pop up. View of the lake and easy access to the boat ramp and…

• campground raccoon
NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Quiet

This review should have gone under Berry Bend Campground. If fishing boating of all types is your thing this is it. This. Is a very large campground very well maintained. Showers flush toilets and pit.

SiteC060
tracey S.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great private campground

Great campground if you need full hook-ups. All the bells and whistles. Clean bathroom, laundry, pool, playground, dog run, hiking trails and firewood that you can actually burn. It's off the beaten path but still close to everything. Friendly people and very accommodating.

Jon L.
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Great campground for fishing and views

My family and I stayed on the very tip of the campground (site 59). The views were great and we even had a private staircase right down to the water. The site was big & level but it was all gravel. There is not a designated swim area so bring your fishing pole and catch crappie from the shore.…

• site 59
  • private stairs to shore
  • playground at the welcome center
H
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Friendly staff, great amenities

The campground hosts right at the front (I didn’t get their names) were so friendly and helpful! We had a travel trailer but opted to use their showers. Very clean and well maintained. Campground officials patrolled the area regularly but seemed very lenient (within reason of course). We walked…

Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

Quiet State Park

We stayed in the Pittsburgh park because it offers water and electric, the rest of the park is electric only. Large spots available, but somewhat crowded in the electric/water sites in the 100s loop. Beautiful Lake Pomme de Terre right here and accessible from multiple places. Deer Everywhere!!

L
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Nice place away from the crowds on the strip!

My first time at this specific campground was when I was only ten days old in mid March, 1974! But I never get bored of being here as there is numerous of things to do. Of course relaxing with nothing to do is also an option because it is just so nice out here, My kids sure love it here too as I…