Vardaman , MISSISSIPPI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Vardaman Camping Reviews
How did I not know this was here?

Wow! What a great little campground. It is maintained very well. There is a great little playground for little ones. Easy access to fishing and water sports when the lake is up. When the lake is down, explore the lake bottoms. Sites on the back side of the loop are spaced out much more nicely than those on the front. All sites have a parking spot. No sewer hookup but the dump site is really close.

There are two pull through ADA sites. This is a hidden gem!

Boondocking? This one might work

No hookups. Nothing. But, it is a free campground so what can you say. It’s rather nice there. This is a very small campground with about 5 spots. Large rigs are a no go I would think, as access can be tight. If you’re in a small to medium travel trailer or a tent, this could work out.

Bathrooms are there but bring your own paper.

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. Sites are nestled in the woods and neighbors aren’t too close. Much of the campground is closed for winter right now, but the lack of a crowd just adds to the appeal.

Most sites have water and electrical hookups but no sewer. We did see at least one site that did not appear to have a water connection.

The dump site is not marked, but there is one. It is on the way out of the campground near the primitive campsites.

The primitive sites are amazing. Most overlook a small valley/bottom that allow for spectacular views and hiking.

If you are looking for someplace close to town, this isn’t your spot. It’s a bit of a hike to get back to it. Your GPS will tell you to take a back road, don’t. Go into Oxford and take Jackson Ave to North Oxford Loop. Much better roads this way.

Older park

Tombigbee SP

Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and Tombigbee SP is a good spot to base your exploration out of.

I overnighted here enroute to Alabama. It wasn’t the best maintained or newest park , however it was small and quiet. Something that had me confused my first time around the loop was the orange cones blocking the sites. Then I guessed that meant the site was reserved. The shower house had washers and dryers in the middle area. The building was clean and maintained. It was centrally located. Across the street was a nice big field, playground and baseball diamond. The trails and disc golf was in the same area. There’s also a small lake with a dock. Otherwise Tombigbee SP really wasn’t that memorable.

Hidden gem... but good luck on a dump station

This is a great little campground overall. The sites aren’t too close together, they are pretty level, and there is plenty of lakefront and woods to wander in. There is a dollar general a few miles away for needed supplies. The only real drawback is the fact that they have pretty much made the dump station unusable by dumping tons of rock there. It appears they are working on the shoreline, however, they blocked access to the station when they stored the rock.

Quiet

Due to the "pandemic" the park was a little short staffed but the gentleman there was very helpful once he got to the office. I was only there for the one night but it was beautifully quiet and fairly well kept. I'd stay there again for sure.

Quiet

Remote & Serene

This state park is definitely “off the beaten path” — but if you’re looking for a quiet location, with few spaces for additional RV’s; this may be for you. (In total, there may be 18.. but they were not all occupied during our visit.) RV spacing is not bad.. most with full hookups.

The green space; natural habitat and night sounds get high marks from us.

Apple “Maps” took us on an interesting way to get to the park from the interstate.. we were concerned about low hanging tree limbs with our rig; but everything turned out ok.

If you like to jog; this is a great space for it. And, if you like disc golf, there’s an entire course.

We will be back.

To Each His Own

The park was nice but it's not my style of camping or at least not my site #008. My view was surrounded by campers, felt packed in like a sardine. (At the entrance to the camp sites seem to be the best ones, they'd be on the left as you enter) Some it may not bother them but I like more open wide spaces with my view of trees or a lake at least. Bathrooms were okay. No gate after hours. Very quiet though. Hiking was nice and there are many trails. Staff was Very friendly!!

Very nice campground

Camp host was very nice Nice level rv pads The lake was beautiful!