The best WALK IN camping near
Oxford , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Oxford Camping Reviews
Not the Safest

Pretty bare bones, dirt sites were easy to maneuver in and out of, but I had to disconnect for my overnight here and I did not feel very safe. The only neighbor I met was selling 5 week old pit bulls, which was very concerning if you are a dog lover or advocate. The next morning, I had a 10” rod deep in the side of my wheel - coincidence? I was ready to get out of there!

Quiet, inexpensive nature setting campground

Remotely located but still close to major roads. We came in with a 38’ RV not much problem with spaces but be aware of trees on both sides of spaces. We were given space #60 but would not have been able to open slides because of trees so we took another space. Most of them are not leveled. Water and electric hookups. We saw a momma dear and her baby cross the road. Lots of trees and leaves everywhere. It’s fall. For the price it can’t be beat. We paid senior price $16.

Finally fixing this one up

This is an old campground. The sites are not well marked, so make sure you get there during daylight. We have camped here a few times, as it is relatively close to home. They are finally beginning to work on the other side of the campground to get it opened back up. This has the potential to be a great spot. Most of the sites on the edges are in the sun most of the day, so be aware of that. The park is nice and peaceful, with plenty of fishing and boating opportunities. No real hiking to speak of, one short trail nearby.

Love it

As luck would have it, we spotted this place on our Natchez Trace Parkway map and decided we had enough driving for the day. Beautiful setting among the trees and right next to the lake. Level, fire pits, charcoal grills, picnic tables, water and electric all for 20.00 a night and we didn’t qualify for any discount. Already decided we’re staying another night!

Great for families

Loved camping so close to the water! Clean, nice facilities. Not the best swimming hole, but great for boats and paddling!

Pretty basic campground

Good place to stop on the way to somewhere else. If you’re allergic to poison ivy, watch out. The stuff is everywhere!

Nice basic campground

Park is very pretty but needs some TLC to its facilities. Spoke with Norma when headed to campground and she said a tree had fallen on road to our campsite. Had call in to rangers to clear it. She called us back that afternoon and it was cleared. Our breaker box kept tripping so may have been something wrong with electric hookup. Not crowded at all.

Awful

It’s really hard for me to give 1 star for anything, but this place is a dump. This is the 3rd MS State Park (North MS) we have been to and it is clear that MS does not take care of its state parks. Only half of the park is open, the grass was overgrown, trash/garbage is littered every where (especially near the open dumpsters that are randomly placed throughout camp), the ranger only came around to collect fees and then disappeared. The bathroom does not have AC or a fan, so it was a total sweat box. The toilet paper was not replenished, there is no hand soap, there was broken glass on the ground in one of the stalls. The shower portion wasn’t that bad, but again, no AC. The water hook ups are at least 100 foot away from most camp sites, so bring lots of extra hose if you do end up staying here. The site #’s are not clearly marked and they do not post if a site is reserved. No designated fire pits, so people have been just burning where ever they want. The fee is $22 a night, but they will charge you another $16 if you put up a tent. Overall, I paid $39 to stay in the worst campground we have ever gone to. Get it together Mississippi!

August 2020

Campground needs work and mowing. Fishing is pretty good most days.