The best GROUP camping near
Mount Olive , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Mount Olive Camping Reviews
Very Nice, well kept

We just stayed overnight but it was very nice. Easily accessible from highway but felt like we were not in the middle of the city. Went for a nice walk this morning and saw a gator. This will be a great place for us to kickstart our trips since we typically leave right after work and can only drive a little that first night.

Beautiful Quiet Camping

This is a very well maintained park and campground

Middle of the city gem!

This MS state park is smack dab in the middle of Jackson, MS. It is snuggled in the woods along a river. The bathrooms and sites were clean. Every site has a beautiful view. We stayed next to the river and encountered wildlife right away - gators, rabbits, birds. The trails are lovely, easy walks through cypress swamps and dry forest. One way the trail leads to a dam with old structures and great fishing opportunities, the other fork leads you to the museum of natural science! My children loved that!!! Upon checkout we had a nice converaation with the ranger. We cant wait to go back!

Made the best of it

I booked a site that we did not know anything about. This was the first time we stayed in the newer loop. We had tent camped in the older section about 5 year’s ago and had a wonderful time. When we arrived on Thursday evening to our site I didn’t know if it was going to be wide enough to let the steps down without fall into the 6 ft ditch. After some measuring of the slide outs and maneuvering over 6 inches from the electrical pole. We set up camp. I had to dig up the sewer tap that was running up hill. We made the best of it by setting everything up in front of the camper. The picnic table and fire pit was on the opposite side of the camper up hill with about 8 inches of pine needles going up. Not practical. So we didn’t use that area. Most of the sites were the same way with the picnic area on the opposite side of camper. The lake area was nice, did some fishing out of the canoe and kayaking when there wasn’t 30 boats out. Lake was closed for swimming. Overall we made the best of it. We will definitely not be staying at site 45 again. Staff was friendly and there were park rangers riding by all the time. There are definitely better sites, not all.

Excellent and clean!

The cabins are beyond beautiful, and have been well kept up. I have always received THE BEST customer service, and the kids love the play areas. All in all, the best place for a family get away in the area!

Quiet and Pretty

A great family atmosphere. Sites were roomy. Electric and water. Dump station available. Did not see the park host, but we reserved online. Bathrooms were clean (except the corners had cobwebs). Hiking, biking, and kayaking. We were at site 64, which is directly on the lake. Concrete pad, that was pretty level. 25 dollars a night.

One of favorites

We’ve camped here often and have always been happy. It gets crowded on popular weekends so book early. There is something for everyone. Park staff are second to none and quick to respond if a problem arises.

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.

Great week trip

Family of five went for a week long camping trip. Park is well maintained with full hook up for our 33 ft travel trailer. The lake was great for Kayaking, Canoeing and swimming. Very quiet during the week park. I will definitely recommend this park.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

We stayed for 2 nights in site 83, which is on the lake. Kayaking, boating, swimming, and fishing! Beautiful grounds, nice level site. Some sites weren't as pretty. This one has a view of the lake, very spacious site, and lots of shade trees. I don't recommend the bath house, too many spiders!!! Cabins available, but they didn't appear to be in the best of condition. No store. Pets are welcome.