The best TENT SITES camping near
Louin , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Louin Camping Reviews
Excellent state park!

We loved our stay. Beautiful park, nice campsites, heated and clean bathroom, best spots are on the lake. We stayed in spot 15 and it was beautiful.

A couple reasons I didn’t give it 5 stars, even though we loved it. First, we reserved a spot weeks prior and someone was in it when we arrived around 5pm. The park was very helpful and accommodating once we found the right phone number. I wish they would put signs on the reserved spots to avoid the hassle.

Second, they do not sell firewood here anymore, but there is a gas station across the street that does.

Also, the fire ring and the table/grill are on opposite sides on the parking spaces and there are no cooking grates on the fire ring unfortunately. But the grill was very clean!

But seriously, would recommend!!! Just want to help our fellow campers out with some details of the digs!

I grew up camping this park.

It was nice to revisit this park and reminisce. This is a very well maintained park with nice shady campsites. It is definitely one of the best parks in the area. They have bath houses with washers and dryers on site. The campgrounds have their own beach but, the bottom is usually soft and oozy mud. Good fishing out on the lake. Used to be good bass in the Lilly pads on the opposite side of the bridge. If you travel this area I would recommend staying at this park!

Nice near hiway

Easy access. well managed. Clean Free wifi near office.

Great quiet campground

We had site 39 that backed right up to the lake. Campground was very clean and easy to get around. This was a great place to get away and just sit by the lake enjoying the day. There weren’t any hiking trails but you can just walk around the whole campground which was about 4 miles. Site are pretty level, very clean, and lots of tree coverage.

Total hidden gem and must stay

We planned on a 2 to 3 nights and stayed 5 … :).  We were at another local site and was looking for a more quite type of place so we could spend time as a family, so I called over to this place and was overwhelmed by the welcome.  It was late and dark and both owners (Steve and Patty) took my wife and I on a walk through their park with flashlights to show what we could pick from … I have never heard of such fantastic hospitality.  They just purchased the park a few months earlier and have upgraded so much it was almost new.  We eventually settled on two sites they said were rarely used because they were in the far back (#26 and #27) and remote.

The next day when we showed up to set up, they had their team already clear the sites and prep for our arrival.  One of their team members helped us set up and ensure we were fully ready to enjoy our stay.  The site was level and elec/water hook ups.  Overall, the site as secluded, quite, private. We woke up to trees all around us and only one RV long term person that we never saw many feet away.

We were told they would come by with a 'honey pot' and empty our tanks so we didn't have to move since we were staying long enough to fill them with normal use … WOW, I didn't have to hook up and move just to dump!  They did shared with us and show their portable dump tank they use when they camp … I may pick on up.

The park had new dog runs, wonderful store, excellent help, and easy dump stations.  I was concerned because of the location of the spot being at the bottom of a hill, and the owners told us not to worry … if we were not able to pull out, he would for us and didn't make us feel bad at all.  The slide was down for the winter, but it was fine.

The park is well off the beaten path so it is quite at night. Enjoyed the late night fires and early morning mists … My son was able to relax for the weekend away from the base.

Good cross county 1-night rest

We stayed here to visit our son in the local NAS and has easy access.  The welcome was great (Beverly and Jean!).  They let us have our pick of the spots in the park and even offered their golf cart to use instead of walking … thank you! There are two areas to the park really (large gravel parking lot area to allow big rigs to pull through easily … and … smaller back in for more private stays.  We chose the parking lot corner because we would be there only for a couple of nights. The road noise was loud, so next time we would stay in the more private area.  Our spot had plenty of space, easy back in, easy hook up (full), and level. WiFi worked good. Right across the street is the local lake that you can walk around and get good exercise in however it was raining for us so we drove it instead … just beautiful.  If you have a one night or a large right … this is a good place!

Big nice place

Lot’s to do here. Hiking, boating, pool, water slides.

Peacefully Amazing

This is a hidden Gem. Kid friendly, quiet, all hook ups, picnic tables, grills, fire ring, lake etc.

Great for us

Needed a place to stay a night, helpful staff, quite, nice facilities.

Lovely Campground in the Woods

We stopped here for the night and were impressed by the beauty and cleanliness of this campground.  The restrooms are spotless! It has a large pool and the campsites are nestled in amongst the trees.  The owners are super friendly.  This is a great stay in a lovely area.  We will be back for sure!