The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Greenwood , MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi Greenwood Standard (Tent/RV)

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Greenwood Camping Reviews
Persimmon Hill Campground

What a great park. Or should I say another great COE park. This is the cleanest park we've seen. Very big rig friendly with large concrete pads with a little extra room for a boat or toad. Great vieas of the lake, which is said to be one of the best crappie lakes in the United States.$20.00 a night for full hook up and the geezer card bring it to$10.00. Can't beat that! Both ATT& Verizon came in strong. Did not try OTA TV. Shower facilities were also great with plenty of hot water and very clean facilities. Although you can hear Hwy 55 on a clear, calm night the route to the park isa bit tricky, as a bridge is out. But should be completed by this spring, I was told. Will definitely return. But keep in mind, we stayed a couple of days and left before the weekend. A quick walk around the park showed almost every site was reserved for the weekend starting Thursday. A popular park and worth it.

Don’t Park at Dark Here

We stayed as an overnight stop. The campground is a no frills campground and nothing special. However, we would not recommend parking after dark. The turns are a little sharper than we would like and the roads are poorly marked in the dark. The owners are friendly and helpful. The sites have some gravel but not enough in my opinion to say they are gravel sites. The one we stayed in was fairly level. It is right off the highway, so you do get highway noise which is normally not a big deal for one night for us.

Peaceful

This campground is beautiful.  Right below the dam.  Great for kayaking.  Seems to be set up for older campers.  They wouldn't let my  10 year old son ride his scooter on the road because it was battery operated.

A decent but older campground.

We stay at Cossar pretty often, due to it being close to home. We have always stayed on the Yocona Ridge loop, and it has been a nice campground. The facilities are dated, but they keep them very clean. We did drive through the other loop (it was empty and closed at the time, the ranger let us look at it) and it appears to be much older than Yocona Ridge. There were trees/limbs down everywhere and the sites were pretty close to each other.

We had decent cell phone service here. There is no park WIFI. There is a Frisbee golf course that has gotten better over time. The course is now marked very well. The miniature golf course is old, but kids will still like it.

Some of the campers are also employees of the park. One lady just kept coming over and talking non-stop on this visit.

Nice place to stop along the way

We just stay for a one night stay along our way. Super nice staff, beautiful campground and so helpful. I would go here again

Pleasant place to Relax

May be I might have done camping very few time but, out of all this the best Camping site ever. Very pleasant environment, easy access to water body, clean restrooms and showers, electricity and water tap for every site.

Excellent, large campground on beautiful lake

My girlfriend and I tent camped here for one night. The campground is large and well-kept, with over 100 sites, and the sites are very spacious. Each has a table, water and electric hookups, a hook, and a tent pad. From what I saw, we were the only tent campers in the campground. We camped in site 64, which is near the lake and the bathrooms. The tent pad was covered in pine needles, making it nice and soft. The only complaint I have is that there is a very bright street light that stays on all night near the boat ramp, but I would highly recommend this campground. Enid Lake and its facilities appear to be top-notch.

beautiful and clean

we stayed during a hunting trip and used the campground because of its close proximity to where we hunted. the showers and restrooms were well taken care of ,noticed disc golf there and a pond for fishing. highly recommended stay

OK for an overnight stay - nothing special

We stayed here on our way from one COVID-19 quarantine location to another.  Heavy storms had come through the area the two days before we got there.  Lots of mud and road flooding though receding.  Most of the campers there appeared to be either permanent or transient workers.  The staff was nice but the campground was definitely dated.